Saturday 15 February 2020

C24C - Most wonderful time ...

... Morning! Being a part of a Christmas challenge design team is such fun - I just love making Christmas cards.  Thanks to all who took part in our last challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge.  This time, at Christmas 24 Challenge, we want to see

A CHRISTMAS SCENE

How you interpret a Christmas scene is up to you.  Here's my take:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Christmas Cottage
Inks: Gina K - Black Onyx, Christmas Pine, Fresh Asparagus, Jelly Bean Green, Sandy Beach, Kraft
Dies: Concord & 9th - Christmas Cottage, Birthday Stacks
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Grey, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso; Copic Marker; Glitter

I've had this lovely stamp set for ages, but this is the first time I've actually used it to make a card. I love the way it's so easy to make a 3D card - and one that folds flat to fit a standard envelope.  Here's a link to Concord & 9th showing just how easy it is.  I'm submitting this card to The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#65, where it's anything goes.


I started by cutting the panels to size and cutting the various panels with the dies.  I used my MISTI to stamp the images. I added some scraps of yellow card behind the windows to make it look like the lights are on. I coloured the front door with a red copic marker and stamped on the little wreath image. I finished the house by adding the die cut roof. I stamped some stags in the background, added some tiny footprints leading to the front door and finished by adding glitter.  I used grey card for the main background onto which I stamped a greeting. There is space on the back of the card for my message.  It was so much fun making this card. I took a photo looking down on the card so that you can see the dimension:


Now, have fun with the theme and I look forward to seeing what you make.  See you soon.

signature

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Wonderful depth and details Deborah.
Faith x

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Amasing design, very cute. Thank you for joining The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge

Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...