Friday 28 February 2020

Happy Birthday ....

.... Good afternoon! It's another dull, dismal day in Northop Hall - we had some sleet this morning, but fortunately that didn't last. After doing some visits with Mum, I managed to get into my craft room and make a card - it's not Christmas today 😁. I've made a very clean, simple birthday card:


Stamps: Uniko - Background Builders Round in Circles; MFT - Bitty Birthday Wishes
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Amalgam Black
Accessories: Papermania - Tall Card Blank; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to several challenges. The first is The Male Room - TMR#130 to use embossing, Perfectly CAS - PCAS#6 to use shapes, CASology - CAS#362 where they want tall, and CAS on Friday - CASOF#174 using their colours.

This is one of the most clean and simple cards I've made. I used my MISTI to stamp the row of little open circles and then filled the circles using Copic markers. On some scrap card I stamped the grungy circles twice in Versafine and heat embossed them with clear powder. I fussy cut the image and added a dot of colour in the centre of each circle. I stamped the clean, crisp greeting in black and then adhered the cut out image with dimensional pads.  On the inside, I added a simple greeting and some more of the circles.


I've been very literal with the CASology challenge, simply using a very tall card. The only embossing is on the grungy circles, but it really makes them pop and I took a close-up photo to show the detail:


This card will be in the post tomorrow - it's my cousin's 54th birthday - I still can't quite get my head around that, as I still see him as my baby cousin!!! That's all for now. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

9 comments:

sentsue said...

Love your tall card. Perfectly CAS. Thanks for playing along with us on the CASology Challenge blog.

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Such a fun card! Love your take on the colour challenge, thanks for playing along with Cas on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

Andreja said...

Deborah, you made such a beautiful card :-))
Thank you so much for joining us in our "Use Embossing" challenge at The Male Room!
Hugs, Andreja

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE this CAS card Deborah, wonderful colours used too, makes it all pop. Great design and insert. With both my hats on - Thank you so much for joining us in our Use Embossing challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT

Anonymous said...

This is such a unique card and stunning in its simplicity. Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday. Cheers, Kerry

Wilma de Korte said...

Love it! Great card!
Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday :-)

Mariken said...

Love your card, beautiful colors! Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Friday!

Lise Mariann said...

This card is simply amazing! I adore it! So fun, playful and bright and at the same time strict and CAS! That is no easy task! I love it!
Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room Challenge embossing challenge.

X Lise Mariann, DT

Helen said...

Great - love the pop of colour and your design is perfect.

Thanks for joining us at the Perfectly CAS Challenge.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...