Tuesday 18 February 2020

Finished at last!!!

... Hi.  I hope that wherever you are, the weather is being kinder to you today.  We have been lucky to get off lightly from any storm damage.  We saw lots of flooding on our trip home from Leicester on Sunday - in fact we had to drive through a couple of flooded roads, but nothing as serious as in some areas.  Please keep safe.

Earlier this year I mentioned that I was finishing off a scrapbook that Kat started years ago.  Kat used to come to the little craft shop that we had in Mold (sadly long since closed) and on one of our trips there we came across some fun papers, stamps and embellishments under the heading "Say it with a SMIRK" made by Trimcraft.  We got a cute little scrapbook for 6" × 6" papers, a couple of paper pads and some embellishments. This is going to be photo heavy showing each page of the scrapbook:


Products - Trimcraft - Smirk Paper Pads - Naughty, but Nice, Love and Friendship, Christmas Noel; Various Washi Tapes; Scrap Card from stash

Kat picked all the photos she wanted in the journal and actually completed a couple of pages before giving up!! The page above is one that Kat did - she went through my stash of dies and cut out the photo and mat layers, used punches to make her own little embellishment and added the fun bead embellishment.  I added some words behind the little tag.  Here are the rest of the pages:


There are four generations in the first photo - my nanna, my mum, me and Kat - it's a very special photo as my nanna died six week after this was taken.






Kat did both these pages - I simply added the words beneath the photo from her birthday party.












I'm submitting this journal to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#43 where Anything Goes.  I had lots of fun finishing this journal, and I'm going to get started on a couple of new journals.  That's all for now.  See you again soon.

signature

1 comment:

Vicky Hayes said...

Thought I'd pop across and see what you're up to Deborah and oh my goodness, I'm glad I did. What an absolute treasure this scrapbook is and how wonderful to see your beautiful family showcased like this.
Hope you managed to avoid the flooding. It's heartbreaking to hear what some have been through.
Take care, Vicky x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...