Sunday 2 February 2020

Anniversary card ....

.... Afternoon! It feels so good to be back in my craft room.  Jonathan has gone out to a photoshoot in Birkenhead this afternoon, it's outside, so might be a bit chilly!  Me, I've been playing and I've made a fun clean and simple anniversary card:


Stamps: Lil Inkers - It's today, right?; Sugar Pea Designs - Caring Hearts
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Merry Merlot, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana
Dies: Cheery Lynn - Hearts 'n' Gears
Accessories: White Lustre Card

I'm submitting this card to Perfectly CAS - PCAS#05 where the team want a one layer card, and also to Fab Friday - FABF#182 - used their colours.


I really like this steampunk gear heart die, but as Perfectly CAS wanted a one layer card I had to work out a way to do it.  I made my own stencil by die-cutting some acetate, applying temporary adhesive to the back, positioned it on the card and then added ink with a blending brush.  After removing the stencil, and any adhesive left behind, I put the card into the MISTI and positioned the sentiments, stamping the main words in the dark ink and the fun bit in pink.  On the inside, I kept it one layer and added a cute couple, a small heart and another sentiment.


This card is for our anniversary, which isn't until April, but I'm trying to get ahead with my card making this year.  I'm safe sharing it here as Jonathan won't see the card!!  That's all for now, I'm going back to my desk and going to make some more cards while Jonathan's out.  See you again soon.

signature

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a GREAT card Deborah, love the greeting. Wet and cold here!
Faith x

Heather said...

Adorable, Deborah - my 20th is coming up in April, and this would be the perfect sentiment for hubs, lol. Love your CAS one-layer! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! Fun sentiment too! Thanks for joining us a Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great idea to use the die as a stencil to keep with the one layer card. The sponging really softens the colors; looks great! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Macimbalo said...

Really pretty, thanks for joining us at Perfectly CAS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...