Saturday 8 February 2020

Best Move Ever ...

.... Hello! It is absolutely gorgeous here today - the sun's shining, blue skies and no wind to speak of.  However, according to the weather boffins, it's all change tomorrow. And where am I? Playing in my favourite room!! I've a clean, simple Valentine card for my wonderful hubby, Jonathan.  I'm perfectly safe sharing it here today, as he's not going to see it before Friday. Here's the card:


Stamps: Lil' Inkers - It's Today, Right?, Sassy Pants; Sugar Pea Designs - Caring Hearts
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Poppy Parade; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Dies: Poppy Stamps - Heart Stack
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Poppy Parade, Flirty Flamingo; Silver Holographic Heart Mirri Card

I'm submitting this card to CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#356 (those colours are just fab), CAS on Friday - CASOF#173 (where the theme is LOVE), and Allsorts Challenge - ASC#558 (where we need to add at least one heart).


I shared another card with this die yesterday, it's such a lovely die and I've had fun playing with it. This time I used the inlaid die technique, so I've still got some bits spare 😊 I cut the die out in white, red, peachy pink and silver.  Then I put some tape behind the open space and started putting back the die cut pieces.  I used silver for the frame and filled in with the other colours.  I finished the front by added a simple sentiment in bold red and layered the panel on some silver heart holographic card (I've had this in my stash for years).  On the inside I cut another mat of the silver holographic card and on the white panel added a fun sentiment from Lil' Inkers - I think Jonathan will appreciate it!


I'm sure that you're aware that Lil' Inkers is closing its doors soon.  I have several of the coffee theme sets and dies, as well as several of the sassy sentiments sets and some wonderful die sets.  I'd like to thank Laura for her wonderful designs and wish her every success for the future. 

That's all for today - I think I'm going to try and take advantage of this wonderful weather and go for a walk.  See you soon.

signature

11 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is wonderful Deborah, love the hearts and the insert sentiment is so funny and lovely too.
Faith x

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done! Loving the CAS design showing off those pretty hearts!
Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellibelle's Corner

Kathleen said...

Some really lovely hearts, great pink and silver colours, lovely CAS card too. Thank you for joining our 'Heart' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Love the use of the challenge colors in this fun design. Love the metallic paper in the background. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S.

samantha's cards said...

I love the mirror cardstock framing all your hearts, great idea. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Just a gorgeous card with the shiny, beautiful hearts! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

Cat Craig said...

fabulous.

Wendy L said...

A lovely Heartcard, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

JulieP said...

Love the sentiment and the inlaid die cutting is fabulous. Such a pretty card. Lucky hubby too. *wink* Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog.

Jeanne said...

Pretty card - love the falling hearts! And the sentiment is great. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Patricia Hays said...

I like the fun mix of patterned hearts tumbling down the card! It's great to see you joining in our challenges again at CC&S! :) Thanks for sharing your card with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...