Monday 3 February 2020

Merry Christmas ...

... Hello again! I'm on a bit of a roll - after doing some tax admin this morning, I got to play this afternoon and made a very clean, simple Christmas card.  I really am determined to have enough made this year.  Here's my card:


Stamps: Uniko - Stunning Snowflakes, Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Versamark; SU - Cherry Cobbler
Dies: Poppystamps - Celestial Star Border
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Cherry Cobbler, Silver Glitter; Silver Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this one to CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#355 and to Addicted to Stamps and More - ATSM#374.


As soon as I saw the sketch at CASC&S I knew what I wanted to do.  I cut a panel of deep red card to 4¼", put the die on the top and then carefully die cut about two-thirds the way down the die.  I then embossed the whole die.  I also die cut the same border in silver glitter card and adhered that to the top of the panel.  I finished the front panel by cutting it to size and stamping a repeated Christmas message and embossed in silver.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of red card and on the white panel I stamped a simple greeting and some silver snowflakes.


I took a close-up photo of the lovely silver stars so that you can really see the sparkle.


It's a really lovely day today - not too cold, relatively light winds and sunshine - which is really good as we have a team of guys working in the garden.  Now that mum is living with us, we decided to have the garden made to work for her - so it's undergoing huge changes.  I'll post pictures once it's completed.  That's all for now. 

signature

6 comments:

Shawna said...

I am in love with those retro stars!!! Seriously beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration!

karen h said...

Awesome card! Love the silver & red combo and that star border works perfectly for the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S!

JulieP said...

I wish I was as proactive on holiday cards as you are. (Seriously, I do. LOL!) This is beautiful. Love those glittery stars. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this design and the gold and red. An elegant card Deborah.
Faith x

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful, Deborah ! So glad to see your card in the gallery. At least you won't be late for next Christmas ! Love your sparkling stars against the red and white card. Gorgeous CAS design ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Buffy said...

Love the stars and those colours are fabulous.
Hugs Buffy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...