Saturday 22 February 2020

Dreams ....

... Hello! I guess we're all getting fed up with all the wind and rain here in the UK.  We've been luckier than many, but the winds yesterday were rough.  It really was whistling around the house.  So, I had no guilt at all in staying in and crafting.  I made a card for several challenges - and it's not a Christmas card!!


Stamps: Pink & Main - Believe Script; Happy Little Stampers - Doodle Flowers
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Grey Granite, Melon Mambo, Gorgeous Grape; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Copic Markers; Tim Holtz Stenicls - Dot Fade (THS006), Hocus Pocus (THS131); Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - HLSCAS#02, CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#360, and Colour Throwdown - CTD#581.


I went for a very literal take on the CTS sketch, using two different stencils to create a background for the bold, positive sentiment. I added a simple leaf to drawn attention to the words.  I've kept the inside blank for my own message - I've a feeling this may well be for our daughter - she's making big plans for university and beyond.


It was fun making a non-festive card.  That's all for today - I'll be back again soon.  Have a good weekend.

signature

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A super card and sentiment Deborah.
I hope you stay warm and dry in the new lot of wind and rain expected.
Faith x

Broni said...

This is so pretty; I love the stars! Thanks for playing along at the Color Throwdown this week!

Julie B said...

What a fab sentiment Deborah, lovely stenciling too. I agree the weather has been appalling, our fields are more water than grass!
Thanks for sharing with us at HLS CAS. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...