Monday 2 July 2012

Time for tea ...

... Good afternoon all - it's another glorious day here in Northville, so this is going to be a quick post as I'm about to take Kathryn and her friend Naomi to the pool.  This card is for two challenges:

I had such fun making this card - and I see that these stamps feature heavily on the Ribbon Reel challenge - but then they are just perfect!!  Just edited the picture - it was a bit pale, now it looks more like the real card!



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Afternoon Tea, Florentine Frippery, Afternoon Tea Sentiments
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress - Tumbled Glass, Milled Lavender
Spellbinders: Labels 24 (S4-353) #4, Classic Ovals Sm (S4-112) #4
Accessories: Paper - Sweet Wishes (free with Papercraft Essentials); Lace from Waltzingmouse, Twine and card from stash

I found this lovely paper pad in my stash and it is just perfect for the challenge, featuring all the colours in the inspiration photo.  The lace is from Waltzingmouse - so very pretty - and I attached two layers beneather the toppers.  I stamped the Labels 24 Florentine Frippery in Versamark, heat embossed and then inked over with Tumbled Glass - you can't see the pattern very clearly in the picture, but it is lovely in real life.  Next I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with my Nestie and inked while still in the die.  I stamped the tea cup twice, once on patterned paper and once on white card which I coloured to make the tea.  I finished off by making three little tags - they are double sided - and attaching them underneath the topper.  While the paper does feature flowers, I thought it might be cheating a bit, so I cut out a few to add to the topper.  Here are the challenge graphics:



That's all for now.  It's 33C here and time for our trip to the pool.  See you later.


22 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card Deborah...love the tea cup theme fab colours

Anne

Buffy said...

Superb card Debs, I absolutely love it

Buffy xx

Ardyth said...

Fun colours and great texture! And an adorable sentiment! Wonderful card!

Marybeth said...

Deborah , this is adorable ! I just love the tea tags you made. Love the lace you used , never thought I would be a fan of lace on cards..... but I find I really like it. Very pretty happy paper too! Enjoy the pool!

Runs with Scissors said...

Fabulous card. So bright and cheery. And I love the sentiment.

Vickie Z said...

Love the colors, teacup and sentiment! Those tags just make me smile!

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, I love all the pretty colors and those sweet little tags dangling from the colored threads! Spot on perfect for the Ribbon Reel inspiration photo!

Vicky Hayes said...

Well if this card didn't cheer its recipient up, nothing would! I love how bright it is and the sentiment is lovely. What I wouldn't give to feel I should cool down at the pool! Vicky x

Julia Aston said...

what a wonderful tea card Deborah! love the colors and those great tea bag tags!

Helen Berry said...

Love the pretty tea card - gorgeous stamps and such pretty paper. Thank you so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Carla said...

WOW, great card Deborah! Love the colors too. Love from Holland.

Sarah said...

I'm always ready for a cup of tea!!
Love the pretty colours and the cute little tags!

Pauline said...

This is so pretty Deborah, such a fun girly card, I love the dangly little tags and the fab paper piecing.
Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week :-)

Teresa Kline said...

so colorful and fun, makes me what to grab a friend, have some tea, and lots of fun...hope you have a super fabulous week!

enjoy *~*

Renee said...

Deborah it's fabulous!!
So cheerful and fun...
all those fabby colors!
And love those dangling tags!!
I'm not a tea drinker...
unless it's sweet on ice;)...
but if it's as much as this card looks...
ok...
I'm game! :)
Hope you've had fun celebrating your first 4th!! :)

Claire said...

They are so sweet the sentiments in this set aren't they? I love how bright and happy your card is Deborah and how you've stamped all the images on patterned paper - lovely!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Wonderful card Deborah! LOVE all your beautiful details and perfect stamping + your take on our sketch at WMSC this week! Thanks for playing along!!! Hugs, Karin

Kelly S. said...

Oh I LOVE it, Deborah! The triple tags are so sweet! The patterned paper is delicious in those bright pastels and I love the lace "tablecloth"! A glorious design with this week's sketch :)!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the fun bright colours, and all the stamps you squeezed into this one, fabby use of the sketch, well done and thanks for playing along again with the Mischief Makers this week!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This card is so cheery! I love the stamping and the fun colors you used!

Sharron said...

Your card is SO pretty! I adore how bright & cheerful it is--perfect for a tea party! The band of lace is gorgeous and LOVE the trio of tags--such a cute accent!

purple_pea_fran said...

Gorgeous! I love the little tea tags! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...