Saturday 28 July 2012

Cool tones ....

.... Hi - hope you've all had a super Saturday.  We've had a fun day shopping and I got to play in my craft room this afternoon.  I've made some cards for this week's CAS-ual Fridays - CFC63 challenge, but I going to put them into separate posts, so that I can link up all the cards.  The design team have given us a fabulous cool colour palette to work with - navy, aqua and lime.

My first card is a sympathy card.  I recently bought some stamps from Papertrey Ink and have used the lovely ginkgo leaves on this card.  I added a simple sentiment  and mounted the image onto a lime green mat.  Very clean and simple.


Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Harvest Berries; Waltzingmouse - Asian Gardens
Inks: Memento - Bahama Blue; Stampin' Up! - Night of Navy
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! - Lucky Limeade card; Card from stash


We watched the Olympic Opening ceremony last night - it was fabulous!  As one of my friends on Facebook said, "it was bonkers and beautiful".  I loved the film clips especially the opening one along the length of the Thames, and watching the forging of the Olympic rings was brilliant.  For sheer comic delight Rowan Atkinson as Mr Bean in Chariots of Fire was wonderful.  And I just love that the Queen took part too - the idea of parachuting in with James Bond - loved it!!  Finishing off with the the young athletes lighting the petals of the cauldron - so inspirational.  I think it was very British - quirky, funny, with a sense of history and looking to the future too!  Danny Boyle - thank you!  It made me wish I was back in the UK - the atmosphere there must be fantastic!!

6 comments:

Ardyth said...

This one's lovely too!

Deb said...

Fabulous job with the color challenge, Deborah! So glad you could join us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous and striking.

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Deb! LOVE the bright blue gingko leaves. This really is peaceful! :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

just lovely...

Lynn said...

Beautiful card...I adore how you used those gorgeous PTI stamps! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...