Wednesday 11 July 2012

Surfer girl ....

.... I got the latest copy of Cardmaking & Papercraft (a UK magazine) recently and it came with a free pack of designer papers with a beach/surfing theme - very on trend this year!  And I've used it to make my card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC105.  The sketch was designed by Teresa Kline and it's just super.

If there's a single flower that makes me think of warm sunny beaches, surfing and summer, it's the hibiscus flower, and Claire has the sweetest stamp featuring this flower.  I used it to stamp some flowers on to my card base.  I used a few of the papers to make the layers and finished by stamping a birthday sentiment.  Kathryn really likes this card - so I think it's okay for a girl.  Here's my surfer girl themed birthday card.


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit Boy, Teeny Trees
Inks: Memento - Love Letter
Accessories: Paper - Fancy Pants Designs - Beach Babe (Free with Cardmaking & Papercraft);  SU Pen - Daffodil Delight; Card from stash

There are quite a few beach/summer/vacation challenges about at the moment, so I'm submitting it to the following challenges:

And my card is also just right for our St Luke's Charity Card Challenge - Teenage Kicks - to make a card for a teenager and, as this has passed the Kathryn test, I think it counts.  I decorated the envelope with this pretty die-cut hibiscus flower (I had planned to use the flower on the card, but it just wouldn't work).    There's still plenty of time to join in the fun!  Here are the challenge graphics:



Before I go I am very late welcoming some new followers to my Blog - so pleased to have you aboard!!  A big HELLO and WELCOME to Kim Heggins, Chris Carter, Sharon (Plumrose Lane) and E-Va!  That's all for now - wherever you are have a super day and be safe!

20 comments:

Carla said...

WOW, Deborah, great card with beautiful colors! Love the flowers too. Are you settled in The States? A lot of differences? As you can see you can make card from all over the world. Love from Holland.

Pauline said...

Very pretty card Deborah, those papers are gorgeous, and so suitable for the stamp set you used!

Tara Cardwell said...

Really pretty card Deborah - it does feel really beachy. The papers remind me of lots of the fashion that's around at the moment. My hibiscus had a flower in bud before the rain knocked it off - ah well - maybe next year :(
Tara

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Deborah, perfect surf girl card!!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Deborah! Love your tropical card (this would be great for the blog party!) Love the pink and the hibiscus flowers you used! Very summery!

Vickie Z said...

Love all the summery colors...surf boards and hibiscus flowers...wonderful!

Renee said...

Fabulous!!
Those papers are perfect Summer papers...
makes me think of a day at the beach!:)
And that set with the gorgeous bloom is hopefully hopping across the pond towards me as I type! ;)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, this is so fabulous and fun...love the colors and that surf board is just too darn cute.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Very cool love how you managed to get detail on every layer of the sketch, well done!! And thanks for playing along with us again this week!!

Kate said...

This is such a beautiful feminine card. I've got this paper stack somewhere too. Might have to think about getting that Free Spirit Boy stamp set as well - would go nicely with My Island.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is lovely Deborah, just right for our Challenge. Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercraft this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

G Peplow said...

Woah, this is stunning, makes me feel that summer could be around the corner................ somewhere! Fab colours and great design xxx

Kelly S. said...

What a beachy keen card, Deborah! I just love the pastels! Your stamped flowers look like patterned paper that came with the set :) Such a happy birthday card!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Wonderful take on our sketch - so cool! Love the pp and great stamping. Thanks for playing with us at WMSC, hugs, Karin

Sarah said...

Really summery card...now we just need some sunshine!

Jean Martin said...

Wow Deb! This is so cool! Love the fun summery look! Thank you for playing with us at WMSC this week. I hope to see you again next week! :)

Julia Aston said...

Great use of this pretty surfer paper Deborah! love the colors!

Sharron said...

Love the cool pastels--so wonderful for a beach theme! The wonderfully stamped hibiscus border is perfect with those gorgeous papers!

Plastic Card said...

Stunning card. So lovely design. I like the colors you have used and that image is super cute. Thanks for sharing.

Plastic cards said...

Unique design with soft shades makes it captivating, perfect to wish one on his birthday....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...