Wednesday 4 July 2012

Celebrate 4th July ....

.... Good morning All!  It's our first American Independence day in the States and everywhere you go there are decorations, fireworks and celebrations happening.  We're in Chicago for the next few days and we're planning to watch the big firework display at the Navy Pier, this is, of course, provided Kathryn can stay awake!!!


In honour of this special day, I've made a celebration card and based it on two challenges:
I am absolutely sure that my card is not original and that many others will have opted to use stars in place of the hearts on the sketch, but it seemed absolute ideal for the card.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the solid stars and then to align the dotty outline stars.  I plaited together some raffia from my stash to make the cord, stamped the sentiment and added a sparkle flourish.


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Seeing Stars (discontinued); Waltzingmouse - Say It Loud
Inks: Memento - Lady Bug, Danube Blue
Accessories:  Want to Scrap - gem flourish; Raffia and card from stash



I'd like to wish all my US friends a very

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!

Have a great time and I'll see you tomorrow.

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love your American card - those gems look like fireworks! The problem with fireworks in July (we have the same problem here) is that the days are so long that you can't really start until well after most kids should be in bed! Hope you enjoy your first Independence Day in Chicago (I love it there!)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card Deb. Love the raffia and the pretty blings with the stars. Enjoy your trip.

G Peplow said...

Great American card Deborah, I'm so glad you're having fun! Chicago! mmm I really want to see it one day! I'll bet it's even better on independance day!
Thanks for your kind words, Gay xxx

Sue Lelli said...

This is so FESTIVE, Deb! LOVE the solid AND the dotty stars! HOPE you get to see your first real American fireworks display! Chicago's will be AWESOME!

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy 4th of July Deb! Love your card! so fun and festive for the occasion!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card to celebrate Independence Day...so festive and with all the bling, almost looks like fireworks.

Maria said...

Yeah love the bling! Nice job and thanks so much for playing along this week.

Laurie said...

What a great 4th card! Love the fireworks too! Thanks for playing along at RetroSketches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...