Friday 27 July 2012

So sweet of you .....

.... I finished this card just in time for this week's Less is More - LIM77 challenge to use sewing on your card - faux or real, and for CASology - CAS3 - to use fruit on your card.  I know that my fruit will not be original, but it is one of my favourite summer fruits - the strawberry!!!  Here's my card:


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Big Berries - Strawberries, Gingham & Co
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black, Love Letter; Stampin' Up! - Wild Wasabi
Spellbinders: Square Swatches (S4-342) # 4 & 5
Accessories:  Card from stash

I thought that the square swatches would be perfect for the sewing theme at Less is More - a bit like a quilt patch.  I stamped the bottom swatch with the medium gingham print and on the smaller swatch I embossed some summer roses.  I adore this big strawberry and I stamped it onto white card, cut it out and attached to the embossed layer.  I stamped the sentiment in the corner and finished off by adding some faux stitching.

Here's are some close up photos of the embossed roses and the faux stitching, as well as the challenge graphic:



We have had some huge thunderstorms today!  This afternoon I drove to Northville to pick up Kathryn from the Theatre Camp and the sky just got darker and darker, by the time I arrived (about 10 minutes) the town lights had come on and it was really dark.  And then the heavens opened!!!  There was thunder and lightening and I got soaked in seconds!!  I have to say that driving home in rain like that wasn't fun, but we got in safely.  The storms seem to have blown over for now!!  That's all for now - back tomorrow!

14 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah nice and colourful

Anne

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a sweet card Deborah, I love how that strawberry takes centre stage. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week.

Rosemary said...

your card is just the sweetest, deborah! so glad you played along with CASology this week!

Darnell said...

First, glad you're safe and sound. The storms back there sound incredible the last couple of days!

I love your card and how it perfectly fits the challenges. The red gingham makes me think of strawberries at a picnic!

Maria said...

A very sweet card! Love that strawberry and faux stitching!

Chrissie said...

This really is a sweetie Deborah!
I'm so glad you made it in time.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jackie said...

A wonderful selection of cards and photographs since my last visit :o)
Jackie xx

Ardyth said...

The gingham makes me think of a picnic. We've had the best strawberries here this week - just as big and juicy as yours looks! Thanks for playing along with CASology again this week!

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Superb card, your faux stitching is simply perfect for LIM, I'm sadly lacking in the sewing area, leaves me cold LOL Great strawberries though!
WOW with the storm, how exciting! I understand it was probably quite scary but it makes you feel alive!!-

Buffy said...

Very yummy card Debs. Love the faux stitching.
Buf xx

Jenni's Jems said...

This looks so yummy and makes me think of homemade jam - fab x

Sian Ridley said...

I had exactly the same thought as Jennie when I saw this card - jam! That die was perfect for this card :)

Jenny said...

Love the homespun feel Deborah.... you cant beat a pinked edge teamed up with sewing and that strawberry looks so yummy :0)
Jenny x

Mynn xx said...

DARLING! LOVE the different patterns and the faux stitching! LOVE it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...