Wednesday 11 July 2012

Pure gold ....

.... this week is a colour challenge at Less is More - LIM75 - and the colour is:



I have gone for a simple, classic and elegant layout.  I've used textured card to make the card base and stamped this lovely tree on to white card and embossed with gold.  I've used two different shades of gold to make the mat layers and finished off with a simple sentiment - also in gold.


Stamps: Kanban - Garden Vistas Autumn Silhouettes
Inks: Versamark
Spellbinders: Rectangles Lg (S4-132) # 4 & 5, Rectangles Sm (S4-130) #5
Accessories:  Lakeland - Greetings Banners; Gold Embossing Powder, Card from stash

You can see the glorious warm gold tones better in the small picture below - but the layout better in the picture above.  It's the joy of using metallics in crafting!!

That's all for now - I've got a huge pile of ironing waiting for me in the utility room!!  And I really have to get it done - but it's going to be hot, hot, hot!!

See you all soon.

15 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Deborah... Your gold frame looks really stylish, I love the flecks of colour in the gold card. Wonderful card and best of luck with the ironing...mine wouldn't get done if I lived out there!!
Jenny x

Ardyth said...

Love this classic, classy card! Intrigued by your reference to Lakeland - surely not the UK shop where my mother in law buys clingfilm?

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very elegant and classy! The tree is lovely.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Kathyk said...

FAB card - I'm loving your "gilt" frame too, well classy!

Kathyk

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the elegant tree Deborah and it looks wonderful in your gold frame - love the flecks in it. Ironing on a hot day is forbidden in my world! Vicky x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Deborah
How are you .... Fabulous card .... Super tree!!
Hugs sylvie xxx

Loli said...

Hola Deborah, so elegant card!!!, your tree is gorgeous, a great work Deb, i love it!!!
Hugs from the other side of the ocean

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah so classy

Anne

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful!!!!!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WONDERFUL card - so stylish and elegant! Love it!! Hugs, Karin

Marrigje said...

This is so beautiful and elegant. The tree stamp is absolutely beautiful.

Marrigje

Jackie said...

A wonderful classic card :o)
Jackie xx

G Peplow said...

Classy and beautiful Deborah, I love your card, xxx

Mandi said...

Simply beautiful Deborah
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

This is great Deborah... I love that splotchy gold layer!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...