Wednesday 18 July 2012

Chillax ....

.... I missed this month's Waltzingmouse Blog Party by a few hours.  I had planned to make my card yesterday but after posting my LIM cards, I ended up in bed with a migraine headache.   I was a bit better this morning  but had to go out to do some shopping.  So here's, the card I had planned for the Blog Party theme of The Great Outdoors.  I got my new stamps on Monday so I had to play with them.  I used two more challenges used in making the card, and they are:

I stamped the sun ray pattern twice and cut it out with my deckle edge rectangle die.  Next I inked up an acrylic block with kraft ink and stamped a background, cut out the wonky square and then stamped on the island, extending the beach with the "extra" bit in the set.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the sun shade and the large palms.  I finished with the fabulous chillax sentiment.



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - My Island
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spellbinders: Deckled Mega Rectangles Lg (S5-015), Wonky Squares (S4-289) #5
Accessories:  Card from stash

On Sunday we went out to the beach at Island Lake - it feels very strange talking about beaches inland!!  But there really is a lovely beach at Island Lake.  We got there, set out our towels and Kathryn headed out for a swim.  I had a paddle and it was just gorgeous.  I managed to get a few photos of us all out enjoying the sun and sand, but unfortunately we had to leave early as Mum became quite ill.  Fortunately, there were some EMTs there having a training session and they ended up with a real patient.  Mum spent the afternoon in the local hospital.  Mum had sunstroke!!  Everyone was so nice to Mum and really took care of her.  She is now being much more careful to drink a lot!!







It was much cooler when we went out this morning, and we even had some rain, but it's gone now and the temperatures are climbing again.  Take care - see you tomorrow.

22 comments:

Ardyth said...

I can feel the breeze through those palms and it's just in time - I'm trying to help my son with the MOST OBVIOUS math concepts and he just doesn't get it.... chillax, indeed! lol!

Joyce said...

Wonderful card. Love what you did with 'my island' stamps. Sorry you missed the blog party, but better late than never.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah great stamps

Anne

Tara Cardwell said...

hope you and your mum are both feeloing better now. shame you missed the linky - your card is wonderful - love the layout.
Tara
x

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous scene Deborah! I'm glad you're feeling better..can't stand migraines!

Peanut said...

Just what I need today - a cool card! Love how you've stamped the palm trees.

Clare said...

Fab card, great layering of stamps!

Migraines are just a nightmare.
Sorry to hear your mum had sunstroke, not pleasant at all. No danger of that happening here, the weather's been awful, I'm starting to forget what the sun looked like!! Rain, persistent drizzle, wind, cloud, however I'd probably be complaining if it was too hot, I'd like a little bit of sunshine though, just for a while! : )

Jen W. said...

This is fabulous, Deborah!! I love the fun layers on your card and those gorgeous stamps. I may just have to make my first Waltzingmouse purchase!

Sorry to hear about your mum and I hope she's doing better!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a pretty card for summer! Do hope your Mum is doing better! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Teresa Kline said...

fun card, great photos too!

enjoy *~*

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Wonderful pictures and card! Love the colors and your beautiful stamping. Have a great day! Hugs, Karin

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Deborah, great pictures as well. Hope your mum is feeling much better. Thanks for sharing your card and photo's with us at the ColourQ this week.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the photos, Deb. Your poor Mum! She would never make it in Florida! LOVE your Chillax card! FAB stamping and design. LOVE the colors!

Sarah said...

Hope your Mum is fully recovered.
The inland beach looks lovely!
I love what you've done with the sun-ray stamp...the whole card feels like a holiday!!

Cathy Weber said...

Sorry about your mom, glad she is doing better and having a son who is a paramedic...can imagine how relieved you were to have them just happen to be there when you needed them. Your card looks so sunny and relaxing, the beach scene is perfect for the great outdoors theme.

G Peplow said...

Glad your Mum is okay now, must have been quite worrying, not much fun for your mum either!!
Great holiday photos:0)
Super card, I love palm trees they cunjure up the holiday atmosphere and your layering works really well, xxx

Renee said...

Hope your mom is all better now...
lucky there were some EMT's close by!!
And it still looked like a fabulous day...
lots of sun and fun! :)
Love those double sun's stamped like that...perfect!
And those palms...
makes you think you could be laying on a beach somewhere...
fabulous take on the sketch< Deborah!

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, Sorry to hear about your Mum. Thank goodness some help was close at hand. I am glad she is better and I hope that won't stop you from enjoying the beach in the future! Your card is wonderful. I love the colors on the white background!

Kate said...

Love the card. Isn't this stamp set fun to play with? I just love it !

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, great stamping & love the colours :)

Kristen said...

This is great - I adore those palm trees! I saw in your profile you're in Northville? I'm from Westland, now in Knoxville tn :) You are so lucky, as you have 3 amazing stamping stores near you - Stampeddler in Northville, Scrappin Chic in Livonia on 8 mile, and you've got an Archiver's in Novi! I really miss all the high quality stores there. Have a great day!

Showing bloggy love from ColorQ Challenge
xo, Kristina
Come by and see me sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com

Tracey McNeely said...

Hope your mom is doing better Deborah, beautiful card I love the palm tree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...