Tuesday 3 July 2012

Time flies ....

.... when you're having fun!!  Well, it certainly did for me yesterday.  I had a fun evening in my craft room making cards for various challenges.  I've combined two challenges in the making of this card and they are:
I wasn't at all sure that I was going to play along with either of these challenges this week - the colours, while absolutely gorgeous, caused me some problems.  And I couldn't think what to do for two circles - I nearly did a Venn diagram, but Julie had already done that.  Then last night I realised how late it was and that time has simply flown by - light bulb moment!!!  Here's my card.


Stamps: Uniko Studios - Extra Time; Wings (don't know which company made them)
Inks: Distress - Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick; Memento - Nautical Blue; SU Pens - Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose
Spellbinders: Pinking Circles Lg (S4-170) # 2 & 3; Shapez - Frame 2
Accessories: Card from stash

I must apologise to the CAS-ual Friday DT, as now that I've made this card, I realise that it doesn't quite meet the design requirements.  While I have only die cut two circles, my husband pointed out that there were at least four circles in the card!!  I ignored him :))))   I inked the background to look like a sunset, applied my flying timepiece and added some hand drawn birds.  I produced the sentiment on the PC.  Here are the graphics for the challenges:



When the weather changes here it does it in a BIG way.  Yesterday we had glorious sunshine, blue skies and lots of heat.  This morning we woke to the huge claps of thunder, bright flashes of lightening and rain - lots of it!!  That was at 6.30am and now it's just after 9.00am.  The skies are grey, it's just stopped raining and it is so, so humid.  The weathermen have promised sunshine by lunchtime but then the possibility of more heavy rain.  I sometimes wish I could control the weather - I'd send some of the sun and heat to my family and friends in the UK who are having a horrid summer, and I'd send all of this rain to those areas in the US suffering with forest fires.  Wherever you are, be safe!

That's all for now - pop back later - I've another card to share with you.  I told you I was busy last night :)

9 comments:

Ardyth said...

So fun! I love how you've incorporated the challenge colours! I also found it hard to limit myself to two circles - some how, they sneak in! But it's a gorgeous card!

Tara Cardwell said...

I think cos you only INTENTIONALLY used 2 circles, the ones you didn't see just don't count ;-0
Great card and applies to all of us when we're crafting away I'm sure!
Tara
x

Anonymous said...

Love this - the inking is gorgeous! M x

Jenny said...

I had trouble just using two...all my initial ideas needed three of more!! Love your fantasy time piece and isn't that sentiment oh so true :0)
Thanks for linking up to CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x

Ruby said...

Yes over in the UK we could do with some good weather!! Great card Deborah, I love how you've done the sentiment label and the way the wings overhang the edges! Thank you for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the time actually flying! And who cares what your dh thinks! I counted two??!! FUN card!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a playfully fun design, Deborah! I LOVE the play off your flying clock with the sentiment, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Oh! And thankfully, we're not having the fires they're having in Colorado, but we still could really use that rain. Push it our direction ;). Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the steampunk style, love it. Nice bright color combo too :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Beverley said...

Love the wings added to the clock face! FAB use of Uniko Studio stamps. Hugs Bev x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...