Monday 23 July 2012

Back in black, part 2 ....

....  Hi again, we just got back from picking up Kathryn after her first day at Theatre Camp.  She was beaming when she came out and thoroughly enjoyed herself.  Her homework is to find a joke and to learn a couple of lines from There's No Business Like Showbusiness for an audition tomorrow.  Kathryn is really looking forward to tomorrow's session.

On the way home we stopped at The Home Depot (a bit like B&Q in the UK) and bought some flowers for my garden.  I love gardens, I really enjoy seeing beautiful flowers and plants - but I HATE gardening!!  Which is a problem, as we don't have a gardener here in the US and I have to do it all!  The grass gets cut twice a month by one of the many gardening firms with sit-on mowers, however I rather let the weeds get a hold.  So for the last couple of days Mum and I have been weeding - we put out six brown bags of garden rubbish this morning.  And tomorrow we get to do the fun bit - putting in new flowers.  We have Phlox, Rudbedkia (Blackeyed Susan), Echinacea, Geraniums and some really beautiful Coleus - the garden will look lovely.


Now, this morning I showed you my first card with the daisy stencil for this week's CAS-ual Friday - CFC62 challenge, here's the second:


Stencil: Dreamweaver - Daisy Background LX7014 (provided at the class)
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! - Calypso Coral Card and ink; card from stash; Metallic FX mica powders (provided at the class)

For the layout I used the sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping - FTL199.  I used a punch to cut three rectangles and mounted each one onto some coral card.  The sentiment started off white and didn't go with the design, so I simply rubbed the ink pad over the card and rubbed off the excess - a perfect match.


I had such a good time at the Dreamweaver class and am delighted to have made two cards with the pretty daisy pattern.

That's all for today - the post has arrived and I've just received some new stamps from Waltzingmouse - so I must go and play for a while.  And then it's time for tea.   Take care.

7 comments:

Buffy said...

Love this card Debs.

Buf xx

Andrea M said...

Wow Deb - this is so pretty!!! Lovely card!

Jenny said...

Oh I love this one just as much Deborah, the three little windows look wonderful :0)
Kathyryn's theatre class sounds just the job for her...she's obviously destined for the stage :0)
Jenny x

Sue Lelli said...

If at all possible i LOVE this one with the three panels even more! FAB cards, Deborah!

Mynn xx said...

Deb, this is AMAZING! Gorgeous flowers and I LOVE the dimension! This is just stunning!!! :)

Angie Tieman said...

Great card! Love how you used the flowers with that sketch and they really pop on the black! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

p.s. You sound like a great gardener for one who hates it! :)

Dana said...

WOW, those flowers really pop off the card base! Lovely. Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...