Sunday 1 July 2012

CR84FN57 - Happy Birthday ....

.... Good morning, it's the second week for our CR84FN57 colours of bright pink, tan and a neutral.  My card is a special one for my mother-in-law.  Madeline celebrates her 70th birthday today - she's a wonderful lady and I love her to bits!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Text-It, Heirloom Patterns, Compact Sentiments, Compact Family, Roses in Bloom, French Country
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake
Spellbinders:  Fleur de Lys Rectangles (S4-317) #3, Picot Edged Circles (S4-345) #3, Classic Triple Scallop Edgeabilities (E8-003)
Accessories:  Card from stash

I've used the layout from this week's Mojo Monday challenge - MOJO 247, obviously I picked the square version!!  My neutral is Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up!) - it's a beautifully rich cream and the card is lovely to stamp on.  I created the backing layer by repeating the text image all the way down the card and over stamping with the lovely diamond pattern.  I used my Spellbinder dies to cut the cream sentiment label, to create the pattern down the ribbon panel and also to cut the backing circle.  I added some pink card under the pattern.  The rose was stamped twice and heat embossed; I cut out the centre section to give some dimension.

For more inspiration check out the rest of the Design Team's cards:

Mona Pendleton, Lisa Somerville, Andrea Mathews, Sue Lelli, Pauline Pollington, Suzanne Czosek, Shannon White, Heather Jensen.

We have made a couple of changes to the CR84FN challenge.  The deadline for submitting your creations has been changed to Wednesday night at 23.59 Eastern time - so you still have plenty of time to join in!  We will be publishing details of the Terrific Top 3 on Saturday before our new colour challenge starts.

Here are the graphics for Mojo Monday and CR84FN57:



That's all for now - have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!

13 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, your MIL is going to LOVE this card! I really LOVE the way you made the M pink! I also LOVE the diamonds on the text and the BEAUTIFUL flower! FAB card!

Jackie said...

A beautiful card and lovely colours :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline said...

Beautiful card for your MiL the argyle looks fab in this crisp pink and neutrals, just fabulous!

Stamps and Paper said...

So pretty Deborah your MIL will liove it great choice of colours

Anne

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Deb! Love the vibrant WM blossom! All the layered die cuts look wonderful! Surely your MIL will treasure this beauty!

Lisa Elton said...

Birthday wishes to your MIL Deborah! She will treasure this pretty card!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is really lovely Deborah! Your die cuts and embossing are fabulous touches to this outstanding design.

Have a happy 4th, and while you may not be American, you can sill party with great gusto!

Sian Ridley said...

Ooh! I'm a big fan of pink and great at the moment and this is a stunner :) once again I'm jealous that you have some of the newest waltzingmouse stamps! Wasn't the July waltz a good'un?! :)

I hope you are all well :)

Clare said...

Love the gorgeous background stamping and the pink! Fabulous card!

Shannon White said...

Soo Beautiful Miss Deb! Love the Wonderful stamped diamond pattern and all the Fabulous layers! Super embossed die cuts too! So Pretty Pretty! I know your MIL is going to LOVE this! 8-)

Hugs & Happy Sunday! 8-)
Shannon

Suzanne C said...

Sweet card. Love the harlequin background and lovely sentiment!

Vicky Hayes said...

There's loads of dimension in this lovely card Deborah and what a great tribute to your MiL! Vicky x

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Pretty in pink! I love the embossing on the rose. I am sure your MIL will love this card!!A special card for a special birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...