Saturday 8 December 2012

Christmas blues .....

..... Good afternoon - it's very dull and grey in Northville today - a perfect excuse to stay indoors and play!  Jonathan has just finished a photo shoot at the house, Kathryn has done some homework and is now playing and I've made a card for the following challenges:



Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Ornate Ornaments
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Midnight Muse, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Pool Party; Versamark
Dies: Spellbinders - 2010 Heirloom Ornaments (S4-283) #5
Accessories: Martha Stewart - Ornament Punch; Cuttlebug EF - Winter Wonderland; SU Card - Midnight Muse; White Lustre Card, Silver embossing powder



I got my new WMS sets yesterday and I had to play with the wonderful ornate ornament stamps - the large stamp is stunning.  Claire showed us how easy it is to colour here.  My card is not entirely original - Teresa used the same one on her card, but our cards are totally different.  So versatile.

I stamped it in Versamark and embossed with detail silver powder, then I painted with my aquabrush.  I don't have Cool Caribbean so used Pool Party on the stripes with Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise for the fancy scrolls.  I used Midnight Muse to stamp the sentiment on the ornament and the verse inside the card.  I made the card base from Midnight Muse card.  The white panel was cut to fit the card, the bauble edge was made using my Martha Stewart ornament punch and then it was dry embossed in my Bug!  I finished off with a double bow - white striped organza and turquoise organza both from my stash.  For the inside I simply stamped a bold sentiment.  Here's a close up of the ornament and embossed snowflakes.

I had such fun making this card.  I think you'll be seeing a variation on this card very soon.  Hope you all have a super weekend.  See you soon.

26 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Deborah.

Donna x

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Deborah. That embossed ornament is beautiful. The border looks perfect.

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Deborah and love your colours

Anne

Renee said...

Gorgeous, Deborah!!
Love it in the silver and blues...
and I've got to get those dies...
I know I can fussy cut but well...
I'm lazy :)...
and this bauble is too gorgeous to not be on a card! :)
Beautiful take on this week's sketch!:)

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Deborah! You are so lucky to have already received your new stamps! So beautiful! Hugs

Sasha said...

This is stunning, Deborah. I love your ornament stamp...you have coloured it beautifully, too :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow! Beautiful use of embossing! Well done! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

kingstonmama said...

Gorgeous, Deborah. That ornament is beautiful, as is the whole card! Ann

Kylie said...

oooooooooo, LOVE this! Beautifully embossed and coloured. I LOVE your colours! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

Jackie said...

A gorgeous card, just caught up with all of your beautiful creations since my last visit :o)
Jackie xx

Paula (PEP) said...

This is rather splendid & I love the sense of iciness you achieved with the whole creation. The way that bauble border just echoes your image is spectacular.
Paula (PEP)

Kate said...

Oh Deborah that's just stunning. Amazing colours and colouring and I love your little bow and the embossed and punched background. I've had some fun with that stamp set this week too. I ordered on Sunday and received it on Wednesday - amazing service as always from WMS !

Loll said...

Your silver bauble is gorgeous. Love it paired with the different shades of blue. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

-Aneta- said...

Deborah..this is soooo nice :)Lovley colours and beautiful ornaments !

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, this is just amazing. I love that look of vintage and elegance, so beautiful.

Marybeth said...

Deborah this is simply stunning! What a gorgeous card and ornament! Wow look at all the challenges you were able to inter… looks like a winner to me.

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah your card just caught my breath. Absolutely stunning I love that you embossed your beautiful ornament. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Lynn said...

The shine on this is so beautiful! Gorgeous...and have to love when you're "forced" to stay inside and play :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Carla said...

WOW this is great!!!!!
Very nice Xmas card.
Love from a white Holland, it's snowing!

Vickie Z said...

Oh, this is gorgeous in blue and silver!! Wonderful Deb!!

Kelly S. said...

Jaw drop. Oh my WORD I love how you made this ornament, Deborah! The embossing and coloring on the details is a-ma-zing! That ribbon is a perfect fit...and the snowy background with the coordinating ornament border...WOW! This is so gorgeous!!

Chris said...

This is beautiful, Deborah. I love your colour scheme and the punched border.

Jeanne J. said...

Drop dead gorgeous Deborah! I'm drooling over all that embossing!! YUM!

Anonymous said...

Goodness me what a stunning card, am a big fan of WM and this is a beauty of a stamp. Of course they way you have coloured and embossed it really brings it to life. Such fabulous work, thank you so much for joining us at Addicted to CAS and good luck.

Marie

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the coloured in embossed look, this is a fabby way to use the bauble and the sketch, thanks so much for playing along with us again this week!

Jeanne J. said...

I knew it Deborah! So happy to see this as Top Mouse for the week YAYYYYYY!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...