Monday 10 December 2012

O Christmas Tree ....

....  Hello - I hope you all had a super weekend - ours was great fun, and the house is starting to look quite Christmassy!!!  I've another Christmas card to share with you this morning, made for the following challenges:



Stamps: Just Rite - O Christmas Tree; Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season II, Ornate Ornaments
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake
Dies: Spellbinders - Nested Pennants (S5-028) #3, Edgeabilities Classic Triple Scallop (E8-003)
Accessories:  Design Paper - Hot off the Press - Forever Christmas; SU Card & DP - Crumb Cake, Gumball Green; Clear embossing powder; Cream lustre card


I got the HOTP design papers free with a UK craft magazine (can't remember which one) and I found this gorgeous scroll paper in the stack - perfect for this challenge.  I cut a mat in Gumball Green, adhered the scroll paper and attached them both to the Crumb Cake card base.  I cut a smaller panel in Crumb Cake card and randomly stamped snowflakes in Crumb Cake ink to give a subtle tone-on-tone effect.  I stamped the Christmas tree in Versafine, heat embossed with clear powder, cut out with the Pennant die and used my aquabrush to paint on Red Riding Hood in the scroll.  I cut the lovely border in Gumball Green attached it to the SU design paper, cut it to fit the card and then rounded the top corners.  I finished off with a simple sentiment (fabulous font).

For the inside I cut another piece of the scroll design paper onto which I layered some cream lustre card.  I stamped the sentiment in Riding Hood Red - love the scroll detail which goes so well with the scroll design paper.

I'm having lots of fun finishing off my Christmas cards - only nine left to go.  Then I need to make several birthday cards - I think I may have mentioned that January has lots of family birthdays.

That's all for now.  It's a busy week - a couple of my friends are going back to the UK for Christmas and we're getting together for a girls lunch before they go.  And today I'm off to school for lunch duties.  It's a really good way to get to meet some of Kathryn's friends - they even come and talk to me now!   See you soon.

7 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Christmas card Deborah, lovely traditional colours and well done for almost finishing off your cards.
Enjoy your girls lunch out...

Anne

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is so beautiful and such a great take on the colors and a perfect Christmas card! Have a great week, hugs, Karin

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Deborah! Love the fancy tree!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Deborah! I do love the traditional colours of it. I love that musical tree! What a beautiful scalloped border! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Such a pretty card .... love the colours and love the mix of patterns!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Great holiday card! Love the music background on the tree! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Joan Ervin said...

You have used the colors beautifully and I love the wonderful sketch...this is lovely!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...