Tuesday 25 December 2012

Vintage green ....

.... this card is for a very special person - for my best friend, my soul mate, my husband - it's for Jonathan.  The last challenge in the Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge - WMSCCC12-12  is to use the colour green.  Jonathan's favourite colour is green - so it's perfect.


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Bright Season, Compliments of the Season II; Yonder Star Background
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Old Olive, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Mega Classic Scalloped Ovals Lg (S5-024) #4, Mega Ovals Lg (S5-023) #4
Accessories: Stampendous - Frantage Embossing Powder Aged Hunter; Gold and green card from stash; Own embossing powder


Jonathan is the light of my life - I love him to bits!  So I thought the large hanging lantern would be the perfect image for my card.  I found some olive shimmer card in my stash (no idea where I got it) and stamped the Yonder Star background on it in Versamark.  I embossed the whole image with Frantage embossing powder in Aged Hunter - a sort of antique green with gold/black/silver flecks - it looks wonderful.  I mounted that onto some satin gold paper and the whole lot onto a cream card base.  I stamped the large lantern in Versamark onto cream card and embossed it with my own embossing powder mix - a blend of black, silver and gold - giving a gunmetal finish.  I used a scalpel to carefully cut out the "window" panels and then adhered the lantern to some acetate.  I stamped the lantern onto more cream card and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the candle, flame and light glow.  I used the mega oval to cut out the die and mounted it onto a scalloped gold oval.  I finished off by attaching the acetate lantern with dimensional tape and adding a small bunch of holly at the chain.

I kept the inside of the card really simple - a gold/green shimmer card for the base and cream card onto which I stamped "for you".

Christmas is a day for family traditions - our day starts with cooked breakfast and Bucks Fizz (for the adults).  After breakfast we gather in the living room and Christmas presents are handed out.  Whatever your traditions are - enjoy the day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...