Sunday 30 December 2012

CR84FN69 - Celebrate ....

... well, that's Christmas over for another year!! It's time for our new challenge at CR84FN.  Our colours for CR84FN69 are Raspberry, Lavender and a Neutral - warm, rich colours and I had such fun with them.  Aren't the photos super?  They are courtesy of Martha Stewart.  I love the glass lamps!  And Scott has come up with a wonderful quote.



I knew that I'd make a New Year card with these colours - I imagined a New Year's Eve firework display - here's my card:


Stamps:  CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Countdown; Dawn Bibby - Flower Patch; Waltzingmouse - Holiday Labels 14
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Raspberry Ripple, Wisteria Wonder; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 14 (S4-290) #3 & 4
Accessories: SU Card - Raspberry Ripple, Wisteria Wonder; SU - Diamond Dazzles Glitter; White Lustre card - Stampeddlar

I made the card base from SU Raspberry Ripple card with a mat of Wisteria Wonder.  Michelle Gross from CAS-ual Friday Stamps made the perfect set of stamps for a New Year's card.  The countdown from ten to one is just perfect!  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure that I positioned both the countdown and New Year sentiment centrally.  Next I stamped the "fireworks" - actually they're flowers - but I think they work.  I added a touch of sparkle to the fireworks, but you can't really see it in the photos.  I made the Celebrate label by stamped the bottom layer in Raspberry Ripple and embossing with clear powder (the new SU inks are juicy enough to emboss if you're quick!).  I thought the starburst stamp was the perfect background for the Celebrate sentiment!

I carried on the celebratory theme on the inside - stamping a row of fireworks at the top and bottom of white card.  I also stamped a large "firework" in the centre - it's the second impression, so a bit softer in colour.  I added a couple more sentiments from the Countdown set.

For more inspirational cards with our wonderful colours either click on the links in the side bar, got to the CR84FN blog or click below:

Mona Pendleton, Andrea Mathews,  Heather Jensen, Helen Berry, Joanne Basile, Jody Morrow, Lisa Henke, Mackie Robertson, Pauline Pollington, Shannon White, Sue Lelli  and Vickie Zimmer.

Now I should say that this is a scheduled post!  We've been in the UK for Christmas and today we fly back to the States - so hopefully, it goes up as planned!  See you soon.

14 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is just beautiful, Deb! LOVE these colors--amazing use of these images, too! HUGS & Happy New Year! :)

Sue Lelli said...

Wow, Deborah! Looks like fireworks and a huge Celebration to me! Great card! Love your stamping! Hope YOU have a Happy New Year!

Shannon White said...

OOhh Soo Pretty Pretty Miss Deb! Just a Perfect neew years card! Reminds me of fire works too! Just Fabulous inside and out! 8-)

Hugs & Happy New Year!
Shannon

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card, great stamps and gorgeous colours..

Anne

Paula (PEP) said...

Interesting to see these colours to ether & super idea to use the countdown. I particularly like the way the 'celebrate' wording appears so boldly & how the eye is drawn in by the panel it is stamped on - making it almost glow.
Paula (PEP)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Happy New Year!! Love your card! So fun! And I think the flowers make perfect fireworks!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous New Year's card Deborah! I love the fun background and layered label! Happy New Year!

Heather Rogers said...

Oh so pretty Deborah! I love all your WM stamps and hand stamped background. :)

Happy New Year!

Hugs~

Kim Heggins said...

wow...I am ready to celebrate after seeing your fantastic card. So festive and a great card to start the new year off, so fun!

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful stamping on this pretty card, Deborah ! The inside looks great too, nice way to finish the card! Happy New Year!

Buffy said...

Gorgeous card Debs. A very happy new year to all of you. Big hugs and fondest wishes
Buffy xx

Pauline said...

Lovely card Deborah, happy new year to you all, stay warm!

Vickie Z said...

Love this New Year's card....wonderful use of those images and the WM label is perfect!! Hope you have a wonderful New Year and the weather isn't too bad in MI!! We just got back from a trip to IN....had to map the travel routes both going and coming to get the best weather, oh well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...