Tuesday 18 December 2012

Noel Trio ....

.... Okay, I know I said I wouldn't be posting as often as normal, but I need my crafting fix :)))  And this one was so quick and easy - it's a tiny card, only 4 1/8" × 2 7/8" (10.5 × 7.5 cm).  It's a little gift tag for a Christmas present and it fits the following challenges:



Stamps: Woodware - Christmas Trees (FRCL045)
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Gumball Green; Distress - Festive Berries, Picked Raspberries
Accessories: Clear embossing powder; SU - Diamond Dazzles; Card from stash

I know this is not an original idea (there are several variations of a trio of trees on the CTS blog), but it is just perfect for the challenge and I got to use a set of stamps that I'd forgotten I had.  Love the Art Deco feel to the design.  I stamped the image in Versafine and embossed with clear powder which makes painting so much easier.  I used Gumball Green to do the trees - gives lovely shading, and for the tinsel I used Festive Berries and Picked Raspberries.  I added a touch of glitter to make the tinsel sparkle.

That will be all for today - still lots of washing and ironing to sort out.  Hope you all have a good day!  It's another very mild December day - no sign of snow just yet!!  Bye for now.

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love this ultra CAS card! The shading on the trees is gorgeous and I love the sparkly tinsel! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week, Deborah!

Chrissy Larson said...

Great card! I love the trees and the sparkle. So happy you played along at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Patrice said...

Great use of the colors, Deborah!

Rachel said...

very sweet winter scene! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Marybeth said...

Oh we so get the need for the crafting fix. Love your little note card with the sweet trees all dressed up.

Anonymous said...

What a cute little card ... love the shading and the bling! Anita :)

A Consuming Passion said...

Great take on the sketch Deborah! Love your Christmas card!

Jackie said...

I absolutely love this card :o)
Jackie xx

N@ Ali said...

you've made such a beautifuly simple and effective card. and i love how you rotated the sketch! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

Veronica Z said...

This card is precious! I love your clean design, and the cute little trees! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

Darnell said...

This is so super cute, Deborah! Congratulations on the shoutout from The Play Date Cafe!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...