Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Noel Trio ....

.... Okay, I know I said I wouldn't be posting as often as normal, but I need my crafting fix :)))  And this one was so quick and easy - it's a tiny card, only 4 1/8" × 2 7/8" (10.5 × 7.5 cm).  It's a little gift tag for a Christmas present and it fits the following challenges:



Stamps: Woodware - Christmas Trees (FRCL045)
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Gumball Green; Distress - Festive Berries, Picked Raspberries
Accessories: Clear embossing powder; SU - Diamond Dazzles; Card from stash

I know this is not an original idea (there are several variations of a trio of trees on the CTS blog), but it is just perfect for the challenge and I got to use a set of stamps that I'd forgotten I had.  Love the Art Deco feel to the design.  I stamped the image in Versafine and embossed with clear powder which makes painting so much easier.  I used Gumball Green to do the trees - gives lovely shading, and for the tinsel I used Festive Berries and Picked Raspberries.  I added a touch of glitter to make the tinsel sparkle.

That will be all for today - still lots of washing and ironing to sort out.  Hope you all have a good day!  It's another very mild December day - no sign of snow just yet!!  Bye for now.

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love this ultra CAS card! The shading on the trees is gorgeous and I love the sparkly tinsel! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week, Deborah!

Quip1320 said...

Great card! I love the trees and the sparkle. So happy you played along at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Patrice said...

Great use of the colors, Deborah!

Rachel W K said...

very sweet winter scene! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Marybeth said...

Oh we so get the need for the crafting fix. Love your little note card with the sweet trees all dressed up.

mypapercraftworld said...

What a cute little card ... love the shading and the bling! Anita :)

Sue W said...

Great take on the sketch Deborah! Love your Christmas card!

Jackie said...

I absolutely love this card :o)
Jackie xx

N@ Ali said...

you've made such a beautifuly simple and effective card. and i love how you rotated the sketch! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

Veronica Z said...

This card is precious! I love your clean design, and the cute little trees! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is so super cute, Deborah! Congratulations on the shoutout from The Play Date Cafe!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...