Wednesday 19 December 2012

Anniversary Wishes ....

Good morning!  I had a super day yesterday - lots of washing done, now it's just the ironing :))  I also managed to find time to play in my craft room.  I've made this card for two challenges - they seemed to go together perfectly:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Musical Backgrounds, Big Day Additions; Say It with Style
Inks: Stazon - Jet Black; Distress - Antique Linen; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Textured gold paper, black & white card from stash; Cuttlebug EF - Swiss Dots


The colours for this week's Dynamic Duo are perfect for an anniversary card and I combined them with white to make a clean, simple and elegant card.  I cut mat layers in gold and black and a top layer of white card.  There is an option to include a musical theme on the Dynamic Duo challenge, so I stamped a couple of musical staves in Antique Linen, almost like a soft gold.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the simple, elegant sentiment - love, love this font!  To add some interest I embossed the top layer with Swiss Dots.  I kept the inside equally simple with a lovely sentiment.  


I can't get over how mild it is at the moment - everyone has been telling me that "normally" we'd have had snow by now - and stuff that sticks too!  But not yet - and I'm hoping it stays off for a while longer.  Anyway, that's all for now.  See you soon.

8 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

Clean, simple, elegant! Thanks for playing at Dynamic Duos this week!

GinaA said...

A beautiful elegant card, so like the music stamp in the background.

Stamps and Paper said...

Just love your CAS card Deborah..the sentiment says it all.

Anne

Vicky Hayes said...

This is very elegant Deborah! I love the subtle hint of music and the black and gold are perfect. Vicky x

Chrissie said...

Just beautiful Deborah!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne Marie Hile said...

Very classy! Love how the musical notes frame the sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

Anonymous said...

Subtle, understated and elegant! Anita :)

Unknown said...

Nice collection of Anniversary Messages... I will send this to my wife on our anniversary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...