Thursday 27 December 2012

Do You Stack Up - teacups? .....

...  Morning all - I've been so excited and it's been really hard to keep this under my hat, but I can tell you now - I've been invited to be Guest Designer at DYSU Challenge - thank you ladies!!  Sadly, this is the last DYSU challenge - but we're going out in style and the theme this week is Turquoise - one of my favourite colours.  I was given a digi image from Rhoda Design Studio - teacups!!  I made two cards.


Stamps: Rhoda Design Studio - Teacups Digi Image; Waltzingmouse - Afternoon Tea, Afternoon Tea Sentiments
Inks: Distress - Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass, Broken China
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 20 (S5-026) #3
Accessories: Promarkers - Marine, Petrol Blue, Turquoise, Ivory, Warm Grey 1, Cool Aqua; Turquoise paper and card from stash

I like playing with digi images - you can make them fit whatever size card you need.  I printed this onto white card and cut it out with my Spellbinder die using the "out-of-the-box" technique.  I decided to have ivory teacups with the patterns in turquoise and just a touch of orange.  I mounted the image on some turquoise paper from my stash.  I decorated the card base with various stamps from Waltzingmouse - they were made to go with these teacups!  And the sentiment is just fab.

I was having so much fun with the teacups that I made another card!  I decided to go a bit bolder this time.


Stamps: Rhoda Design Studio - Teacups Digi Image
Inks: Distress - Tumbled Glass
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 18 (S4-310) #5; Simon Says - Folded Banner (S116)
Accessories:  Promarkers - Marine, Petrol Blue, Turquoise, Ivory, Warm Grey 1, Cool Aqua; Stampin' Up Design Paper - Tempting Turquoise, Crumb Cake;  Sentiment computer generated; Card from stash

I opted for portrait style this time - so the teacups were printed bigger!  I used Promarkers to colour the cups and then fussy cut them out!  I mounted them onto a pretty label that I cut from Crumb Cake DP; I inked the edge of the label while still in the die.  The sentiment is a quote from C S Lewis and seemed appropriate - I printed it on the PC and cut it out with the super folded banner die (a present from my buddy Tara).  I inked the edges and then attached it to the card.


Thanks again to the DYSU team for asking me to join them - I've had such fun!  That's all for now.  See you soon.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Wonderful selection of cards since I last popped in. Congratulations on your GDT spot :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline said...

These are lovely Deborah, I love the way you coloured the pretty patterns on the cups!
Thanks or joining us at DYSU as our guest designer for this our last challenge! Xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Congrats on your DT post Deborah and very well deserved...such a lovely card and gorgeous colours

Anne

Sue Lelli said...

CONGRATS on the GD gig! FAB cards both! I especially like the bolder one because I tend to prefer bold but they are both so fun and festive!

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Deborah, for the well-deserved showcase and honor of being one of the guest designers for the last DYSU! Well done!!

Denise said...

Two gorgeous cards - the tea cup image is such fun.
Thank you so much for being or Guest Designer for our final challenge.
Hugs
Denise (DYSU DT) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...