Wednesday 26 December 2012

Peppermint candy ....

.... Today I'm sharing the last of my family's Christmas cards - this is the one I made for our daughter, Kathryn.  Since moving to the States Kathryn has discovered peppermint candy in Ghirardelli Squares - and she loves it!  I've combined two challenges to make Kathryn's card:

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Candy Jar Christmas Fillers, Candy Jar Fillers, Candy Wagon, Compact Sentiments, Compliments of the Season II
Inks: Distress - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint; Versamark; Stazon - Jet Black; Memento - London Fog
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 20 (S5-026) #3 & 4; Opera Tags (WMS-DT#1)
Accessories: Pink Mulberry Paper; Doily; Cosmic Shimmer Spray - Golden Mint, Silver; Stampin' Up! - Fancy Brad; SU Design Paper - Melon Mambo; Papermania - Christmas Carol Silver vellum; Silver Embossing powder; SU - Glitter; Acetate


This is a vision in pink!!  For the background I used some mulberry paper - love the texture at the edges.  The doily is from my local supermarket, I sprayed it with Cosmic Shimmer in Golden Mint and Silver to give shimmer and colour.  Next I stamped the candy canes in Versamark and embossed with silver powder.  I did several sets as I wanted extra canes.  I used distress inks and my aquapen to paint the canes, adding glitter to some.  I used the medium Labels 20 die to cut dark pink and vellum layers.  I used Stazon on to stamp the jar onto the vellum (much clearer impression) and also on to the acetate.  I attached the candy canes to the label.  Next, using a sharp scalpel, I cut along the jar side outline on the label base and inserted the acetate jar.  Next I stamped the sentiment onto a small vellum label and attached it to the card. I finished off the front with a candy cane, brad and tag.

For the inside I cut a mat of holographic pink card and some white card onto which I stamped the candy wagon and Christmas sentiment.

This card completes all twelve cards for the Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge.  I fell behind a bit, but caught up at the end.  Lynn - thanks so much for organising the challenge - it's been such fun.

We've had a super time with my in-laws, the time has flown by, and today we head south to Hampshire to spend a few days with my Mum and her family.  If you're travelling - take care.  See you soon.

5 comments:

Buffy said...

Gorgeous card. I hope you have all had a lovely xmas.
Love and Hugs
Buffy xx

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...I love those candy canes and your jar really looks like a glass mason jar. Stunning!

Kylie said...

Lovely sweets, great sentiment!! Love your doily too. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

Pauline said...

This is fabulous Deborah! A pretty sweet card for Kathryn!
Drive safely, there's so much flooding everywhere, and Hampshire has been hard hit! Have a great new year! Xxx

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful and sweet card, I love how you have acetate for the candy jar! Thank you for joining us at ATCAS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...