Friday 28 December 2012

Table Favours ....

... Hi - this is a scheduled post - I wanted to share some table favours that I made for our Christmas table.  It's not my idea - I was given a one of these little chocolate packs by Karen Menghini.  I kept the package and made some for our celebrations.


Accessories:  SU Design Paper - Be of Good Cheer; Cream organza ribbon from stash

I made 20 packs - they are double sided and each side contains a Ghirardelli Square - yummy!!  They are very easy to make and I've done a quick tutorial with photos if you want to make them yourself.

Cut a 12" x 12" piece of double sided design paper into four 6" x 6" squares.  I used the new SU paper trimmer and scorer to score the paper.





Place the paper into the trimmer and making sure you use the score tip - score diagonally from corner to corner.




Next, the the paper through 90° and position the corners at 1½" (see picture) - score.  Turn the paper through 180 ° and repeat - your paper will have a score line down the middle from corner to corner, and two score lines either side (see sketch).



Now fold along the shorter score lines - your package will look like the picture on the right.

Next fold along the diagonal score and you will have a package that has pockets on both sides - see picture below.


To finish off - punch a hole in the point and thread some ribbon through.


Next is the fun part!  Fill each side of the package with your favourite Ghirardelli squares.  I've used the holiday specials of Peppermint Bark, Spiced Pumpkin and Eggnog, along with Raspberry and Mint in my sets.


The looks so pretty!  I had lots of fun making them.  You can make them for all occasions if you change the design papers!  I hope the tutorial is helpful - please let me know what you think!  Thanks again to Karen for the idea!

10 comments:

Buffy said...

These table favours are wonderful. Hope you all had a wonderful xmas. Tell Kathryn we haven't forgotten her.
Buffy xx

Stamps and Paper said...

What lovely table favours, great papers

Anne

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the idea! Plus I LOVE what's inside! Hope you're having FUN!

Kim Heggins said...

Ohhhhh, these are just too darn cute. What a clever little addition to your holiday table.

Jeanne J. said...

YUM!! These are the sweetest - love all the patterns and papers too!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Hey, these are awesome! I love the idea, and your tutorial is fabulous! Thanks for sharing, Deb!

Darnell said...

Thank you so much for sharing this, Deborah! I've pinned these, they are just adorable!!

Happy New Year!! Darnell

Crafting Deva said...

It is July of 2021 and was looking for quick and easy crafts (for crafting with my neighbors) and these are perfect. I also like them as you can choose the paper to fit the occasion. Thank you for sharing.

CatherineD said...

Such a cute idea. I just found this and am making some Thanksgiving favors with it. That said, I think the measurements are slightly off. 1 1/2" isn't wide enough to form the pocket. I have found that 2 1/2" works better.

DJK love to bead said...

Thanks Catherine. I was stumped with this. Will try your measurements

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...