Sunday 16 December 2012

Sew special ....

... Good evening - I'm very late posting today, but I've had a good excuse - I've been sorting out my craft room.  I got my new Stampin' Up! ink pads - they are just fantastic, so juicy!!  I treated myself to the SU storage unit and I had to assemble it (very easy) and then put in the pads - so nice to have name labels for the pads too.

After I'd finished that I decided to make a birthday card for someone who is sew very special to me :)  I used the sketch from this week's Freshly Made Sketches - FMS65 for the layout.


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess set - discontinued); Die-namics - Sew Nifty
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Rich Razzleberry
Dies: Die-namics - Sew Nifty, Fishtail Flags STAX
Accessories: SU Design Paper - Sycamore Street (see below); SU - Sycamore St Button & Ribbon set; SU  Card - Rich Razzleberry; SU Marker - Tangerine Tango; SU Diamond Dazzles; SU/Sizzix Embossing Folder - Fancy Fan; Thread and card from stash

I had lots of fun with this card.  I cut a panel of Rich Razzleberry and some pretty design paper (Pool Party) which I embossed with the Fancy Fan folder and attached them to the card base.  I cut a couple of fishtail tags and stamped this lovely sentiment onto the white tag, and attached them to the card.  I stamped the tape measure and thread spool onto white card, cut them out and then added some glitter to the tape measure.  I used the die cut to cut the dress form and then stamped the image, added some sparkle and mounted to the card with dimensional tape.  I finished off by added a fancy button and some thread around the spool.  The thread started off white; I coloured it with my SU Tangerine Tango marker pen - so easy!!  I kept the inside really simple - with one of my favourite birthday sentiments - love the font!!

I've finally started my Stampin' Up! business and one of the great benefits of being a demonstrator is that you can pre-order from new catalogues - and I did!!  This card gives you a sneak peek at some design paper that will be in the up-coming "Sale-a-bration" leaflet which runs from 22nd January to 22nd March 2013 - contact me for details.

Stampin' Up! have a Clearance Rack running at the moment - click HERE to start shopping.  There's paper, punches and stamps too!  Have fun!!

Finally, I'd like to welcome a new follower - Hi Jocelyn - so glad you joined me.  That's all for now.  Got to tidy up and get dinner made.  See you tomorrow!

9 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Great card Deb - I'm sure you'll be a hugely successful SU Demonstrator!
Tara
x

Mona Pendleton said...

Sew pretty Deb! Love the textured background and all the MFT goodness! The red thread on the spool looks fabulous!

Charmaine Stack said...

What a pretty card! Congratulations on your new business venture. SU products are good quality. I will be interested to hear what you thought of The Hobbit.

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card Deb! I love that dress form! The added glitter is so pretty! Great job with the added thread! Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my, what a super card Deborah ... the background texture is lovely and the cotton reel and button are fab accents!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jackie said...

What a fantastic card :)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card Deborah ......I am sure you will have great time being a SU demonstrator ....will look forward to seeing your designs

Anne

Pauline said...

This is lovely Deborah, I love the patterned paper and fab embossing!

Linda Callahan said...

Very sweet! Love that pop of Tangerine! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...