Friday 18 November 2016

Uniko - Christmas theme ....

.... Morning! Here at Uniko we have a really lovely challenge for you this month. We want to see your Christmas creations. You don't have to use Uniko stamps to play along, but obviously we really love it if you do use Uniko products. I have a couple of cards for you this morning. Earlier this month Uniko was one of the sponsors of Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags. I had lots of fun and created two trios of tags. My cards today are based, in part, on the trio of poinsettia tags that I made. Here are my cards:

Peace Love Joy - photo by Deborah Frings - Debroah's Gems

Joyful Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Pure Floral Poinsettia, Most Wonderful, Simply Said Christmas; Waltzingmouse - Woodgrain
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Baked Brown Sugar; Memento - London Fog; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Dies: Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Layers Stax #1; Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Grey, Real Red, Baked Brown Sugar, Pear Pizzazz; Tim Holtz Water colour Card; Embossing Powder - White, Gold Tinsel, Silver; Zig Pens; Wink of Stella - Clear, Gold, Silver


I really liked the poinsettia tags that I made, so it was fun to make full size cards with the whole flower. In my local Kroger you can get poinsettia in the traditional red/pink/cream, along with funky colours like blue, teal, purple, orange - they look wonderful!

I die cut some panels of water colour card, stamped the poinsettia in Versamark and heat embossed one in silver and one in gold. I used my Zig brushes to water colour the flowers. On the traditional colour poinsettia I added a greeting stamped on some red card, on the blue and green poinsettia I stamped the greeting directly on the water colour card. I made a grey base for the red flower and a brown base with wood grain stamped on for the blue flower. On both cards I adhered the panels with dimensional tape. On the inside of the red poinsettia card I cut a mat layer of red card and on the white panel stamped a simple greeting along with a grey outline poinsettia. On the blue flower the mat layer is green with a blue greeting and gold flower.

Joyful Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsPeace Love Joy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting the red poinsettia card to this week's Merry Monday Challenge - MM#222 where they want us to use red, grey and white. The blue/green poinsettia is being submitted to City Crafter Challenge Blog - CCCB#338 where they have a beach colours for Christmas theme. I think I'm going to make some more fancy coloured poinsettia - it's a pretty card and so easy to make!


Do visit our blog to see more lovely Christmas cards from the rest of the team. This month our Guest Designer is Sue, from Sue's Card Craft. Do drop by and leave them all a comment - we all like feedback!

signature

9 comments:

Sue said...

Two gorgeous cards, Deborah, you did a beautiful job with the pens. x

Kate said...

Lovely cards Deborah, awesome colouring

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Absolutely delightful Deborah, stunning, vibrant, festive beauties and so perfectly coloured. x

Jane said...

Two beauties Deborah. Loving the traditional reds, but I'm completely bowled over by the poinsettia in the greens.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Colleen said...

Gorgeous cards and the poinsettia is one huge glorious flower! so beautifully colored! Thank you for sharing this creation with us at Merry Monday!!

Lindsey said...

Wonderful colours. They look so rich with the gold embossing. I like how you've positioned the flowers off the edges of the card too x

Stella said...

Such a wonderful surprise to see you card Deborah. And I LOVE your take on our theme. Your card is a gem. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB! Good to see you!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Two stunning creations! I just love those gorgeous colours!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...