Saturday 19 November 2016

52CCT - Theme ....

.... Hello!! We have a lovely theme for you this week at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT46-16. Gill wants us to make cards for an OLD FASHIONED CHRISTMAS. Once again, I've gone slightly mad and made a total of 4 cards! Here they are:

A Christmas Story - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Simply Said Christmas, Stunning Snowflakes; Waltzingmouse - Woodgrain
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Baked Brown Sugar; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #4 & #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Baked Brown Sugar; SU DP - Pool Party; Kaisercraft DP - 12 x 12 Frosted Collection Arctic; Burlap; Gold Satin Card; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear


I used the colours from City Crafter Challenge Blog - CCCB#338 where they want us to make a Christmas card using beach colours. From their inspiration photo I've used a wood grain finish, some burlap, gold and shades of aqua and pale green. The main image comes from a piece of 12" x 12" vintage theme Christmas paper. I coloured selected parts with Copic markers and added some sparkle too. I layered the image on aqua design paper, some frayed burlap and then on satin gold card. I then adhered the whole panel to the front of a card which I had stamped with a wood grain finish. On the inside I cut a mat layer from aqua design paper and on the white panel added a greeting and some snowflakes.

A Christmas Story inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsA Christmas Story sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The large sheet of design paper contained lots of smaller images and I used another on my next card:

Santa Claus - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; SU DP - Season of Style; Kaisercraft DP - 12 x 12 Frosted Collection Arctic; Copics; Stick It Adhesive; Gold Satin Mirri Card


I really like the vintage Santa and the old style font for the words. I used the inspiration photo from Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#220 for the use of colours. The layout of the card is based on this week's sketch from MFT Wednesday Sketch Club - MFTWSC#307. I used my Copics to add some colour to the image and then placed it on some Stick It - a double sided sheet of adhesive. I removed the top layer and poured on some extra fine crystal glitter which I buffed into the surface. I then layered the image on some gold satin card. I used the border strip to add the sentiment. On the inside I cut a mat layer from design paper and added a simple greeting to the cream panel. This card is very clean and simple.

Santa Claus inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSanta Claus sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

My card is also quick and simple, but not so clean and simple!!

Holly Jolly - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season II
Inks: Delicata - Golden Glitz
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; Anita's Classic Gold Christmas Vellum; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Kaisercraft - 12 x 12 DP


I decided to frame this simple strip of vintage images with gorgeous gold vellum. I cut the vellum slightly smaller than the card and attached it with double sided tape in the centre. Then I adhered the images over the top. I added a touch of colour and sparkle to the foliage. On the inside I cut some more vellum for the mat layer and on the cream panel stamped a simple and elegant greeting.

Holly Jolly inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

My last card features some old fashioned Christmas advertisements:

Beautiful Holiday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Winter Foliage, Most Wonderful
Inks: SU - Old Olive, Baked Brown Sugar, Early Espresso
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; SU Card - Old Olive; SU DP - Old Olive; Kaisercraft - 12 x 12 DP; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear


I added a touch of colour and sparkle to the vintage images and then layered them on some green design paper and lightly inked the edges with brown ink. I stamped some pine branches and a pine cone on the card. On the inside I cut a mat layer of green card and added a greeting and more pine branches to the cream panel.

Beautiful Holiday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


I am really pleased to have made another four cards for my stash. Here's a photo of all four together:

Old Fashioned Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I still have plenty of vintage images left from the design paper and will make some more during the week!  For more inspiration with Old Fashioned Christmas cards - do visit our blog to see more from the team.  I'm off to a fun craft class at Stampeddler this morning - making more Christmas cards!!! Have a fun weekend and see you soon.

signature

6 comments:

Fabiola said...

Wow Deborah, elles sont trop belles, très élégantes, biz

Anonymous said...

You have surpassed yourself Deborah! Each card capturing the idea of the challenge to perfection, and each one evoking wonderful Christmas memories. Hugs, Gill xx

Marina said...

It's interesting to see the different ways you've used the vintage theme - all gorgeous. The beach colours from our challenge give a lovely soft and timeles look to your beautiful card. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Stella said...

You are on a roll:) And again you nailed this weeks'colour palette/theme at CCCB. Good to see you again and thanks so much for joining us for the 2nd time at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Wow! Beautiful cards!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Peanut said...

Oh my! You have been busy, Deborah! What lovely holiday projects! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...