Thursday 24 November 2016

Happy Thanksgiving ....

... to all my American friends. Even though we've been in the States for 4 years, we still can't quite get used to this holiday! However, it is a huge event and I want to wish all my American crafting buddies the very Happiest of Holidays!

I also want to share with you a card that I made for Kat's voice teacher - Dorothy. Kat gave the card to Dorothy last Sunday at the music recital, so I'm safe to share it now:

Happy Thanksgiving - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: MFT - Lots of Dots; Uniko - Rustic Christmas; Stampin' Up! - Water Colour Wishes
Inks: SU - Pumpkin Pie. Chocolate Chip
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Old Olive, Hello Honey; Photoplay - Falling Leaves; Wink of Stella - Clear


This is another card made from the sheet of 12" x 12" design paper. I think this is such a fun image of a turkey - he looks sort of bemused!!! I used the sketch from Your Next Stamp - YNS#52 and the colours are from Colour Q Challenge - cQc#368.  I cut a panel of yellow card and stamped these fun dots in orange. There was a scrap of green card on my desk so I used that for the greeting. I used dimensional tape to add the image. I also added a touch of sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush to the words and the turkey's feathers. On the inside I kept it very simple with a mat layer of yellow card and a greeting on the white panel.



That's all for today. We are going to have a quiet morning watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade from Detroit on TV and then later we're going out for lunch.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

signature

1 comment:

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a great take on the layout! The dots in the background add a nice texture. Thanks for joining in challenge #52 at YNS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...