Sunday 20 November 2016

Simple Elegance ...

.... Morning all! It's so much colder this weekend. I can't quite believe that we had almost record warmth - for November - on Friday, but this morning it's freezing! Literally!! And yesterday, we even had a few flurries of snow, oh alright, it was sleet!! Anyway, I was having fun earlier this week making Christmas cards and I made a very simple blue ombre card. While I had that stamp out, I made another using more traditional colours for Christmas:

Joyous Christmas Wish - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season II; Uniko - Pure Florals Poinsettia, Stunning Snowflakes
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Fruitcake
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles # 5
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Cherry Cobbler; Gems


I'm submitting this card to Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#220 where I took inspiration from the colours. And I'm also submitting to Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#101 where the cue word is OMBRE. This card has two ombre shades - green and red! I attached the die cut panel to the front of the card with dimensional tape. On the inside I cut a mat layer of red card and on the cream panel added a simple greeting and some snowflakes.

Joyous Christmas Wish inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsJoyous Christmas Wish sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

My stash of Christmas cards has increased quite a bit in the last couple of weeks, but I still need lots more. So I think part of today is going to be spent in my craft room working on simple clean, simple and quick cards! The other part of the day will be spent watching my daughter sing at her first public recital. Her voice coach, Dorothy, has a recital for all her students each year. So looking forward to it! That's all for now!

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...