Sunday 6 November 2016

Thanks ....

.... Hi! We've got another wonderful day here in Northville - the leaves that remain on the trees are positively glowing. I think that autumn is my favourite time of year. I've been playing in my craft room this morning and made a thank you card as you can never have too many!

Thank You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: MFT - Geometric Grid Background, Geometric Greenery; Stampin' Up! - Fresh Fruit
Inks: SU - Sahara Sand; Kaleidacolor - Cappuccino Delight
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Cajun Craze; SU Canvas Trim; Raffia


I've actually used four challenges in the making of this card! The theme thanks from Paper Players - PP#320, a quote about thanks from TIME OUT Challenges - TOC#69, the colours from Sunday Stamps Challenge - SSC#139 and I've CASEd Estelle's lovely card at MUSE - MUSE#190.

I stamped a background grid using a soft sand colour and adhered a panel of rust card to the side. I cut a square of white card on which I stamped the sentiment Thank You and then added these fabulous geometric trees. They remind me of the die cut leaves on Estelle's card. I used a Kaleidacolor ink pad to get the ombre effect. I attached some canvas ribbon around the card and added a string of raffia to finish the panel. I used dimensional tape to attached the panel to the card. On the inside I cut a mat layer of rust card and on the white panel added a greeting and some more of the geometric trees.

Thank You inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I had a really fun day yesterday at craft class in Northville run by Valerie Brincheck. We made a lovely mixed media canvas and I hope to share that with you later this week as I've got a few finishing touches to do! That's all for now.

signature

13 comments:

Kajcyika said...

Wow, this is amazing card Deborah!

Ardyth said...

Love the geometry of this - great images (mine just arrived - need to get them out!) and lovely warm colours! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Deborah!

Estelle TBT said...

What a wonderful card!!! I love your geometric trees with this beautiful ombre effect.
Thank you so much for playing along with my Muse Challenge, Deborah!

Lisa said...

Beautiful fall card, you combined all the challenges perfectly!

Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

Nonni said...

Those graphic leaves look fab and I love your autumnal colors. Thanks so much for joining us at TIME OUT!

Marilyn said...

Love the graphic leaves and the colors you've used. Wonderful interpretation of Estelle's card.

foleysfriend said...

Love the ombre effect on your leaves; so perfect for autumn. Love your interpretation of Estelle TBT's Muse card.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the texture from the canvas & raffia and beautiful fall colors, Deborah!

Nance Leedy said...

The geometry of these great leaves pairs beautifully with that embossing folder! Well done...thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Hannelie said...

So very beautiful! Love the look of those graphic leaves!
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful card and layout! I love the modern design of the leaves. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Shona Chambers said...

I'm so jealous of you and your geometric leaves, just love that MFT set! Gorgeous colours and love the geometric design of your card. Always wonderful to see you at TIME OUT!

Claire Broadwater said...

Deborah, I just love this fun geometric leaves! The ombre colors are gorgeous! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...