Tuesday 22 November 2016

Christmas tree ...

.... This has to be one of the quickest cards I've made recently. It started life as part of a 12" x 12" scrapbook page. While at Stampeddler last Saturday I got a few large sheets - not what I usually do, but they are just lovely. Here's my card:

Christmas Tree - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season II
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Emerald Envy; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Gold Marker; SU Card - Pool Party


I simply cut out the section of design paper to fit my card. I edged it with a gold marker and attached it to the card. I added some sparkle using a clear Wink of Stella and I also added some actual glitter for the snow on the branches of the tree. On the inside I cut a mat layer of pale aqua card and on the white panel stamped some holly and a greeting. I'm submitting this one to Christmas Card Challenges - CCC#49 - I'm not playing along with the optional colours, just making a much needed Christmas card. I'm also submitting to Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog - WWCB where the team want to see poinsettia or falling snow. I think this might pass - it has snow on the branches.

Christmas Tree inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Oh yes, it more than meets the requirements of our current challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT46-16 where we want to see Old Fashioned Christmas. That's all for now!!

signature

3 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland Challenge. Marlene DT

samantha's cards said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at CCC.

LOU said...

Beautiful card Deborah. Yes, the snow on the branches will fit with our theme - the snow had to fall after all!
Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
Lou DT xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...