Friday 11 November 2016

A wee bit weird ....

... I think that's a perfect description of our family. I've been messing about in my craft room today - making cards for tomorrow's 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge, and also a fun card to send to our son, Ben:

Our Family - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop - Monster Mash
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up Card - Old Artichoke; Tim Holtz Watercolour Card; Zig Brushes; Gold Embossing Powder; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Gold Washi Tape


I was going through my stamp stash and came across this fun set of little monsters and it reminded me that I hadn't yet played along with the current Addicted to CAS challenge - ATCAS#100, where the cue word is MONSTER!! I used the colours from Colour Q Challenge - cQc#367. The cue word over at CASology - CAS#223 is TEAM and I think our family is a team, albeit a weird one!!

I stamped the little monsters in versamark on watercolour card, heat embossed them with gold powder and painted them with Zig brushes. I cut them out and added some sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush. I added a strip of gold washi along the bottom of the card, stamped the words and then adhered the monsters. On the inside I cut a mat layer of olive card and on the white panel added another little monster and a sentiment.

Our Family inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsOur Family sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I think these little monsters really do work to represent us - Jonathan, me and Kat here in the States, and Ben on the inside over in the UK. I think he'll like this one a lot!!

Before I go, I must say a loud THANK YOU to the team over at Less is More. I've been playing along with the challenge since it started - granted not every week, but I do try. I'm constantly amazed and awed by the wonderful cards that I see on the blog and this week I was lucky enough to be one of the winners with my sparkly Christmas Wreath card! I'm absolutely thrilled to bits. Thanks again!



I'm still working on a few other challenges too - as they say practice makes perfect!!! Bye for now!

signature

3 comments:

Buffy said...

Your monster card is fabulous Debs. The insert is great.

Hugs
Buffy xx

Lisa Elton said...

Okay, this sentiment gave me a good giggle!! Cute card Deborah, thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Joyce said...

Your monster card just made me laugh. I can totally relate. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...