Thursday 10 November 2016

Inner nerd ....

.... Hello! I've another card with a science theme for you this morning. I was having lots of fun and the stamps were still on my desk, so I had to do it:

Nerdy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: MFT - Undeniable Chemistry; Sweet Stamp Shop - Elements; There She Goes - Cutie Pi
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Fresh Greens; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Emerald Envy; Clear Embossing Powder; Zig Brushes; Wink of Stella - Clear


I really like the way the word "nerdy" is made up from actual chemcial elements - makes me so happy! In my stash is a very old (and now discontinued) stamp set from There She Goes with this wonderful "atomic" structure image and I think it goes so with with the sentiment. I used Zig paint brushes to colour the letters and hearts and added some clear Wink of Stella for shimmer. I layered the panel on emerald green card and then attached it to the base. On the inside is a mat layer of green card and on the white panel I added a sentiment and another image.

Nerdy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsNerdy sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This is going to go in my stash of cards that I send to Jonathan, together we make a great team. So I'm going to submit this to CASology - CAS#223. Oh yes, it also works for our challenge at The Male Room - TMR#48 where our theme is SCIENCE. I've managed two cards for their challenge this week. That's all for now!

signature

4 comments:

Rocky said...

I love this card!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Awesome card, Deborah! Love the all the nerdy elements ;) Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Plenty of fun in this card, Deborah! JAcquie stole my pun - I adore the nerdy elements also! ;-)! Great that you could join us at CASology this week!

Sarah - Crea S said...

Such a genius card! Hugs, Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...