Friday 25 November 2016

Uniko - Christmas Pop & Most Wonderful ....

.... Hello again! Welcome to the first of our Introduction posts for the Uniko mini Christmas release. Today we are introducing you to two sets. This time I've been lucky enough to get the actual stamps in plenty of time to play with them - in fact you may already have seen some of these sets!! So first up is the fun Christmas Tree building stamp set. Here's my card:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Christmas Pop, Pure Florals Poinsettia
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Strawberry Slush; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Pink Pirouette; Wink of Stella - Clear


I really like the clean, geometric look of this stamp and I had lots of fun playing with different inks. I used the colours from Merry Monday - MM#223 - pink, light blue and dark blue. As this is a nice clean, simple card I'm going to submit it to Paper Players - PP#322 too.  I stamped the tree many times. I used my MISTI to stamp as it makes it so easy to repeat stamp. The simple pink tree was inked twice with Pretty in Pink. For the ombre pink tree I used three shades of pink. I did a simple pale blue and dark blue tree - both stamped twice, and the ombre blue uses both shades of blue. I then stamped the outline tree around each image and cut them all out. It's hard to see in the photo above, but I added some sparkle to the white stripes on all the trees - so pretty in real-life! I adhered all the trees flat to the card for ease of posting. I finished the front with a simple Christmas greeting. On the inside I cut a mat layer of pink card and stamped another of the tree images - this one has words. I used a pale pink and the pale blue.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

My next card showcases the sentiments from Most Wonderful - this is a fabulous mini-set that comes with two complete sentiments and words to make even more:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Christmas Pop, Most Wonderful
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Dapper Denim, Tempting Tuquoise; Versamark; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Dapper Denim; Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder


On this card I used a technique that I learnt from Jennifer McGuire to create a sentiment background. I love the font in this set. Once again I used my MISTI to create the card. I started by inking the tree and first sentiment in Versamark and heat embossing with gold tinsel embossing powder. Then I masked the tree and stamped the sentiment repeatedly in two shades of blue. I cut a mat layer of dark blue card, adhered the panel and then attached the lot to the front of my card. On the inside I cut another mat layer of dark blue card and on the white panel I used one of the complete sentiments, added a tiny tree and some stars in gold. I used the colours from a recent Cupcake Inspirations - CIC#384 which I missed! This card could easily be made in lots of different colourways.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here's a quick reminder of the release schedule:

INTRODUCING: 25th and 26th November - the DT will give you a closer look at the new sets being released with a daily blog hop.

RELEASE DAY: Sunday 27th November 9.00am GMT - you get to see the products in their entirety and purchase them from the Uniko website. As usual there is a Design Team Blog Hop and a Giveaway.

As this is the last release of 2016 - Bev is giving away some random prizes throughout the release countdown. To be in with a chance of winning a random prize, be sure to join in commenting along the Introducing Hops and joining in via social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. Winners of the random prizes will be announced on Bev's blog on Sunday 27th November at 8.00am GMT.

That's all for now - don't forget to come back tomorrow and see our next introduction! Bye for now.

signature

14 comments:

Rahmat said...

Love your cards Deborah. The shades of blue are awesome on your cards.

Marianne said...

Wonderful set of cards showing the new release. Love the heat embossed tree against the sentiment background.

Jytte said...

So sweet cards! Lovely little trees. I MUST have this stamp!

Jane said...

Love that row of multi-coloured stripy trees and great technique on the second. Fab showcase Deborah.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

And more super Uniko beauty here Deborah. Those multi-coloured trees look fantastic and I swooning over the multi-sentiment panel on the second one. That's so clever and effective and a super glam Christmas card. Sarah x

Claire Broadwater said...

What a gorgeous group of cards! You have been busy! Love the multi colored trees in these pretty colors! So happy you joined my CAS challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Sarah G said...

These are gorgeous, Deborah - love the stripey trees and the perfect stamping of the sentiment on your second card! Great colours and fun designs. I am glad that you got the stamps in good time to showcase them :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great bunch of cards - I love the row of multicoloured trees, so pretty and beautifully CAS. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards! Love those striped trees!

Linda said...

Fun geometric Christmas trees. Perfect for these colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

cm said...

Gorgeous showcases of these fabulous trees! The striped ones have really caught my eye!
Hugs~c

OH Babs said...

Nice assortment of cards. I am commenting on the pink and blue card for MM.

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous cards, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Debbie Bonczek said...

Love these cards. Especially love the embossing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...