Thursday 17 November 2016

Christmas Blues ....

... Good afternoon! I've been busy crafting all morning. While I play, I listen to the radio and we stream BBC Radio 2 - keeps us in touch with home! I've been listening to weather reports of snow and tornadoes, it's really making me appreciate our unusually warm November!! However, I do have a cool, blue Christmas card to share with you:

Joyous Christmas Wish - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season II; Uniko - Pure Florals Poinsettia, Stunning Snowflakes
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Blue Breeze
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Pacific Point; Gems

I really like the ombre effect that you get when stamping with Kaleidacolor ink pads and it works beautifully with this elegant Christmas stamp. I used a stitch edge die to cut out the panel and adhered it flat to the card. I finished the front by adding some pale aurora gems. On the inside I cut a mat layer of blue card and on the white panel added a greeting and some snowflakes.

Joyous Christmas Wish inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsJoyous Christmas Wish sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#200 where they want to see monochormatic shades of blue - and it's their 200th challenge and 4th birthday. As the inks form a lovely ombre effect, I'm also submitting to Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#101.

That's all for now as I really do need to get some housework type stuff done!!!  See you soon.

signature

8 comments:

Joyce said...

This is beautiful, inside and out.

karen h said...

Wonderful card - and perfectly CAS! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

levkoi said...

what beautiful transitions of color

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Deborah! I hope all is well with you!
I love how you created the ombre effect with your ink pad...such a lovely gradient of those pretty shades of blue! You've also done an amazing job stamping the inside, too...your snowflakes are the perfect way to complete this card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Susan said...

This is such a pretty card. Love your design, just perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Beverley said...

Such a beautiful stamp and it suits the blue ombre inking wonderfully. A stunningly CAS card too :) Thanks so much for joining in on the celebration at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

Patricia Hays said...

The stamp is so pretty in the blues, and the bits of bling are a perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for taking part in our birthday celebration at CC&S! :)

Sue said...

Stunning card, Deborah! That stamp is lovely and you've made such a good ombre effect. Congrats on your win at CC&S.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...