Sunday 27 November 2016

Snowmen ....

.... Good evening! We've almost come to the end of our long holiday weekend - it's been so nice to spend time with Jonathan and Kat. Mind, we still did our own things too! I think I've mentioned that I need quite a few Christmas cards as I send lots to family and friends in the UK. Well, I counted up the number I've made so far - 88 - and that's despite being on a Christmas card challenge!!! Go figure. Anyway I'm still about 30 short! So I spent yesterday making cards. I made a set of 8 cards featuring my all-time favourite snowman:








Stamps: Funstamps - Scribble Snowman; Clearly Besotted - All Occasion Sentiments; Penny Black - Majestic; Uniko - Most Wonderful
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Wisteria Wonder, Emerald Envy, Peekaboo Peach, Melon Mambo, Cajun Craze, Pacific Point, Green Galore, Lucky Limeade, Smoky Slate; Distress Archival - Black Soot
Dies: Die-namics - Oval Stax #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Daffodil Delight, Wisteria Wonder, Emerald Envy, Peekaboo Peach, Melon Mambo, Cajun Craze, Pacific Point; Bazill Card - Lime Crush; Wink of Stella - Clear; Zig Real Brushes; Tim Holtz Water Colour Card; Sizzix/SU EF - Softly Falling


I had so much fun making this set of cards. I stamped the snowman on water colour card and used my Zig Real Brushes to add colour. Once dry I fussy cut them out, edged them with a black marker and added sparkle to all the snow areas with a clear Wink of Stella brush. I made cards to match the colour on the hats and scarves and then stamped the tree to match. Next I cut white card slightly smaller than the base and used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment at the bottom. I cut out an oval on each card and then embossed some snow falling. I adhered each panel directly to the card and then used dimensional gel to adhere the snowmen. On the inside of each I cut a white panel on which I stamped a Christmas greeting in the matching ink and added a little snowman peeking in at the bottom. Here's the inside of the yellow card:


I'm submitting the yellow card to this week's Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#221 where it's ANYTHING GOES. I'm submitting the blue card to Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#147 where they want to see snowmen (and where I got the idea) and also to Inkspirational - INK#122 where the cue word is CHILL. Finally, I'm submitting the lilac one to TIME OUT Challenge - TOC#71 where they want Christmas cards with the option of glitter/sparkle - and I think you can see the sparkle best on this card.

Edited to add: I've been wandering around blogland and found a new challenge - well, new to me! It's called A Gem of a Challenge - AGOC#183  and this week's challenge is SNOWMEN/WOMEN - I'm going to add my card there too - it's a perfect fit! :)


 Here's a look at them all together - they look fab - bright and colourful!


I now have 96 cards with this set - still a few more to make. I think I'll be concentrating on some quick and easy cards. Last posting date from the States to the UK is Thursday 8th December - so I'd better get my skates on!! That's all for this evening.

signature

8 comments:

Nonni said...

What a fun and cute card deign and woooow how many Christmas cards you have to make! That's quite an amount! I think I've done about 30... And still need 20 or something. I see some mass producing happening here too. :) Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Jane Willis said...

What a fab set of cards - the different colours give each one their own personality. Thank you for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

Sue - said...

A fabulous set of cards Deborah! Love the insides too! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz!

Cazro said...

An amazing array of snowmen, they are like a snowman army. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz Caz. DT.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous, festive collection of cards Deborah! Your favourite snowman is mine too - I love the scribbled little fellow!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.

Nandini said...

I love all the cards in the set, the colors are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at ATSM. All the very best. Nandini DT

Marina said...

They look stunning all together- so colourful - as well as individually.I love how you've done the inside too. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...