Wednesday 23 November 2016

TMR - Theme ....

.... Hello again - I hope you like the sneak peek from Uniko's November release - more of that tomorrow! I'm here now with my cards for our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#49. Our theme for the next couple of weeks is ???SCAPES! By that we mean cityscapes, seascapes, landscapes - you pick! But your project must have a masculine feel. I ended up making two cards for the challenge. Here's the first:

The Journey Begins - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Travel Sketchbook, Beautiful Ride
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - London Fog
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Grey; Tim Holtz Water Colour Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Zig Brushes


I stamped this lovely sketch scene of Venice on watercolour card, heat embossed it with clear powder and added some colour with Zig paint brushes. I finished the front with a simple sentiment and attached the panel to a grey card. On the inside I cut a white panel and simply stamped the scene again in pale grey. I think this card has a lovely vintage feel and, as it's still quite CAS, I'm submitting it to this week's challenge at Less is More - LIM#303 where the team want Vintage CAS.

The Journey Begins inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsThe Journey Begins sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I made another card featuring a cityscape - it's one of my favourite cities - New York:

No road too long - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz - Cityscapes; SU - Beautiful Ride
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Vineyard; Versamark; Memento - London Fog
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU - Elegant Eggplant; White Embossing Powder

This one is ultra clean and simple. I stamped the image of New York city using a Kaleidacolor pad - love these colours for a guy card. I cut a strip of purple card on which I stamped a simple sentiment and heat embossed it with white powder. On the inside I cut a mat layer of purple card and on the white panel I added another cityscape - this time my favourite city - London, along with a greeting.

No road too long - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration with out theme - do visit our blog to see more from the rest of the Design Team. That's all for now. Drop by tomorrow to see another sneak peek from Uniko!

signature

4 comments:

Buffy said...

Great cards Debs, I spotted the gerkin ;-)
Love how you used different colours to stamp.

Hugs
Buffy x

Esther said...

Two fantastic cards! They're so classy, perfectly clean and simple, and really nicely designed. I love your first card for our vintage challenge at Less is More. The scene looks great and is just right for the theme. Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic crisp and clean cards Deborah and I'm loving that Venice one in particular as it's one of my favourite cities. Perfect vintage feel too and a wonderful scene. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah x

Jane said...

Venice is very seductive, but I adore the kaleidacolors on the New York scene scape.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...