Sunday 3 January 2016

CIC - New Sweetie .....

..... Hello!  I've been keeping a secret, something that I find really difficult, but I can tell you all about it today.  I'm now a Sweetie at Cupcake Inspirations.  I was invited to join the team last year and naturally I said yes, but it's been so hard to keep it a secret.  I'm thrilled to be joining such a talented team.


Now that we have all recovered from the long holiday break, it's time for our new challenge at Cupcake Inspirations - CIC#341.  Each week we provide a cupcake to inspire you to create a card or other craft project following our theme or colours.  This week our theme is Elegance.  I made an elegant birthday card for someone special:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Sparkle 'n' Sprinkle - Ballet Shoes; Happy Little Stampers - Fun Birthday Sentiments; Stampin' Up! - Making Spirits Bright; Uniko - Classic Numbers
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black; SU - Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Grey; SU DP - Whisper White Bridal (discontinued); Green Card; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; Clear Embossing Powder

Picture - Champagne Cupcakes

Our sponsor this week is Sparkle 'n' Sprinkle and the lucky winner of this week's challenge will receive a $15 gift certificate towards some of their fabulous digital images.


For my card I used these lovely ballet shoes - so pretty, so elegant.  I printed the shoes on white card, coloured them with Copic markers, carefully cut the shoes out and added lots of sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush.  I tried to make the shoes a soft creamy colour - like the frosting on the cake.  I cut a couple of mat layers in dark grey and dark green (also from the graphic) and on top I adhered a piece of white patterned paper.  I stamped the sentiment in Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder.  I attached the ballet shoes in the corner and added a shadow with my Copics.  I love the elegance of the paper and the lovely shoes.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of dark green card and on the white panel added a birthday greeting along with a couple of champagne glasses toasting the birthday girl!!

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do check out our blog to see more elegant inspiration projects from the rest of the team.  Have fun!

signature

3 comments:

Bonnie Irvine said...

Congrats, Deborah! I hope they realize what a gem they have in you. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations. Happy New Year!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Deborah, I love those soft pink ballet slippers...very elegant!!

cm said...

Deborah, I'm sooooo thrilled that you've joined the team, and WOW! Talk about making an impressive debut with your elegant ballet shoes card! So beautiful! Whoever receives this will adore it, as do I!
hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...