Monday 11 January 2016

Uniko - Revisit & Blog Hop ....

.... Good morning!  So pleased you stopped by today as it's time for the first Uniko Design Team Blog Hop of the year.  If this is the first time you've come across Uniko - here's some information for you.  Bev "normally" releases new stamps every other month, and in the "off" month we revisit one of Bev's older sets - and have a play.   It's not long until Valentine's Day, so Bev decided we'd all revisit - Always and Forever.  Before we get to my card, we also have a new member to the Design Team - Lindsey from Doodlings is joining us, so please do say hi.  And now, here's my card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Always and Forever, Beautiful Blooms 1, Background Builders Lattice, Time
Inks: Versamark; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


I had so much fun creating this card.  I combined several of Bev's sets with the wonderful flower heart being the focal image.  The colours are from this week's Colour Q - cQc#323 challenge.  I started by making a base from Crumb Cake card and stamping  the smaller flower from Beautiful Blooms in Versamark to create a tone-on-tone look.  In the small gaps I stamps one of the sentiments from Always and Forever.  I cut a panel of white card and stamped this pretty lattice border on a diagonal and coloured it with Copic markers.  I stamped a birthday sentiment above the lattice and then carefully cut along the border.  I stmaped the flower heart in bright pink - I used my MISTI so was able to stamp the image twice to give really good definition to the image.  I then carefully cut it out and adhered it to the card with dimensional tape.  Prior to adding the heart to the card I used my clear Wink of Stella brush to add some sparkle to the coloured parts of the lattice and also to the white flower in the heart, sadly you can't see it in the photo!  On the inside I cut another white panel and added another flower along with a simple greeting.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Now, I mentioned earlier that this is a Design Team Blog Hop.  You should have come here from Bev's blog and the next stop is Jane, but you can follow along by clicking on the links below:

Deborah (that's me!)

Here's a quick look at the stamps in Always and Forever:


Before I go I should mention that we have a wonderful GIVEAWAY too.  Simply comment along the Hop to be in with a chance of winning this featured set along with an eGift certificate for £10 to spend in store.  Or, if you win and already own this set, an eGift certificate for £15 will be awarded. You have until midnight (GMT) Sunday 17th Janaury to comment, and the winner will be announced on Monday 18th January.  That's all for now!

signature

16 comments:

StirYourCreativity said...

The card layout and the colors are beautiful

Carole said...

Very cleverly thought out and an inside to match too! Brilliant!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Gorgeous card! I love that bright heart and the beautiful flower inside!
Wow! Have a warm and crafty 2016!
Take care!
Michele

Unknown said...

gotta get a misti soon!!

Lindsey said...

Love the subtle stamping to make your background & really nice touch decorating the inside of the card to complement x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful and feminine take on the Always and Forever set with a great showcase of the BG builders one too. Great card. Sarah x

cm said...

Deborah, you always create magic with Uniko products and this showcase of the oh-so-pretty heart is no exception! Consider my heart captured! Adding this to my shopping cart...so many possibilities!
Hugs~c

Beverley said...

I especially love how you have created a non love themed card and paired it with Background Builders: Lattice, something I'd not have thought to do but it pairs beautifully. Your colour choices are lovely too. Beautiful showcase. Hugs Bev x

D.Ann C said...

So precious! Love the flower in the background and on the inside too, and the angle on your card!!

Jane said...

Fabulous combination of stamps here Deborah and I love your pretty colours.

Anonymous said...

Love your card. The layout is so unique.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card! I love the heart with the floral design inside!

Kris in Alaska said...

So lovely!

Naki said...

This card is soooo pretty! I'll be honest with you, I didn't know about uniko until very recent, they sure do have pretty stamp sets tho!

Skylark said...

Lovely combo of different Uniko sets and that ColourQ colour palette is just gorgeous. Stef x

Neets B said...

Lovely design and colours, Deborah, and I love how you've used the border stamp x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...