Sunday 24 January 2016

CIC - Colours ....

.... Hello!  So glad you stopped by my blog.  We've a new challenge for you at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#344 with some really pretty colours.  I have to admit that they're not normally colours I use, so for me, it's a real challenge. However, I've come up with a really feminine birthday card:

Birthday Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Prima - Flowers #541842; Personal Impressions - PP Wording Stamps
Inks: Versamark
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Circles #5, Dual Stitched Squares #3
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; Gold Satin Mirri Card; Pan Patel - Permanent Red Tint; Gold Sparkle Embossing Powder; Stampin' Up! DP - Very Vanilla Bridesmaid (discontinued); Gems


I was going through some of my older stamps sets on Friday, when I came across this pretty flower stamp from Prima. I've had it for ages and not used it much.  But I like the elegant flower and thought it would work perfectly this this week's challenge.  The layout is based on the sketch from the current challenge at Your Next Stamp - YNS#31 and, as it's a very feminine, girly kind of card, I'm also submitting to the current challenge at Curtain Call Inspiration - CCICJan.

I used cream lustre card, stamped the image in Versamark and heat embossed with gold sparkle powder.  I cut the image out with a stitched edge die.  I added colour to the flowers with pan pastel which gives a lovely soft colour.  I layered the image on gold satin mirri card.  I made the square panel from discontinued SU design paper - so elegant and pretty.  I added a simple birthday greeting and finished with some soft blush gems.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of gold satin card, and on the cream panel added the cut off portion of the circle image.

Birthday Wishes sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBirthday Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration cards, check out our blog to see what the rest of the team have made to share with you.  That's all for today.

signature

9 comments:

Buffy said...

Very beautiful card Debs. It looks so delicate.

Buffy x

Sandy said...

It is feminine and beautiful!! Have a great week!
-Sandy G

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous!!
:)

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! I love that medallion in pink and gold!

Naki said...

Deborah, this is so very very beautiful! It's so elegant, so soft, just gorgeous! The colors were well used!

Deborah Anton said...

Very pretty and elegant! Love the CAS look. Thanks for joining us at YNS!

hollybeary creations said...

Great use of the sketch.. that stamp set is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

Thanh Vo said...

Beautiful colours and great use of our sketch, Deborah! Thanks for hanging out with us over at YNS

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a pretty mix of colors, the gold looks great. Wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in challenge #31 at YNS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...