Monday 11 January 2016

Simple thanks .....

.... Morning! I've a thank you card to share with you this morning - we always need a supply of thanks cards:

Thank You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Dandelion Dreams, Sweet Little Sentiments, Everything Changes
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Smoky Slate, Calypso Coral; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Clearly Besotted - Everything Changes
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Calypso Coral; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; Glitter

I combined several challenges to make this clean, simple card:

I cut a panel of white card slightly smaller than the base and, using my MISTI to ensure everything was where I wanted it, stamped these pretty dandilions.  I stamped the butterfly on a scrap of white card, cut it out with the matching die and coloured with Copic markers.  I added sparkle to the wings with a clear Wink of Stella brush.  I used a glue pen to dot around the dandilions and added real glitter.  I attached the buttlerfly with dimensional tape and finished the front by running a Copic marker round the edge.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of coral card and added another dandilion and butterfly, along with a greeting on the white panel.


Thank You inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsThank You  sq- photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Inkspirational wanted us to use new stuff - well all the Clearly Besotted is new, I got it for Christmas. Dandilions are simple clocks; I remember as a little girl blowing the seeds away to count the time - not terribly accurate, but fun!

I'm going to finish with a couple of videos - we woke to the news from Radio 2 that David Bowie had died.  It was a real shock and I still can't quite believe it - he was amazing and I think my favourtie song is Life on Mars:



And Space Oddity:



The sounds from my teens.  Rest in peace David and thank you for the music.

signature

14 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love those pretty flowers - I always think they look like fireworks and therefore very celebratory. Very, very sad about Bowie. His latest album is being delivered today, looking forward to hearing it. So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

sandie said...

Gorgeous card Deborah. Love that pretty butterfly. Thanks for joining Ink

Joan Ervin said...

What beautiful flowers, Deborah, and I love how you stamped the sentiment over the stems!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Kajcyika said...

This is so lovely Deborah! I agree that we always need some thank you cards. Yours is just stunning! :)
Kaja

Sherrie M. said...

So beautiful, delicate, and pretty! Simply stunning Deborah! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week.

Buffy said...

Beautiful card Debs, those flowers are lovely.

Buffy x

Broni said...

What a great CAS card, Deborah! Love how you used the colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Jane said...

I'd forgotten how beautiful that dandelion stamp is - so delicate and dainty. Super card Deborah. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Barbara said...

Perfectly executed CAS card! I love it!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you again next time!

cm said...

An airy, dreamy, spring-y card, Deborah! How wonderful to see the butterflies appearing again (at least on cards!). Yours is absolutely lovely! I need to bring out my set for a play, as well! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
~c

Coralynn Murray said...

Such an elegant card. I love this stamp set and I love how you added in the glitter to the tips of the dandelions. Great CAS card. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Naki said...

This is such a dainty and beautiful card! Yes, the news of David was sad...R.I.P.the goblin king...

Jenny Colacicco said...

WOWZER! This is gorgeous!!! I love the flowers and the overall composition. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards!

Darnell said...

I love this sweet and pretty card, Deborah!! Congratulations on the HM recognition from AAA!! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...