Sunday 10 January 2016

CIC - Colours ...

...  Morning!  I hope you're all having a good weekend.  Mine has been spent crafting and I only got this card finished yesterday morning.  Our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations - CIC#342 this week has been inspired by the lovely colours in the cupcake graphic.  Here's my take:

Just for You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Woodware - Doodle Flower Basket
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Grey; Copic Markers; Glitter


This card is really clean and simple.  I made the base from grey card and cut a white panel slightly smaller.  I used my MISTI to stamp the image, stamping it a few times to get really black lines.  Then I had fun colouring - I used all my lilac and lavender Copic markers to colour the image.  I finished the front with a sprinkling of glitter around the image.  As I've included glitter on the card, I'm submitting it to the current challenge at AAA Cards - AAA#55 to use glitter.  On the inside white panel I stamped a simple birthday greeting and added a single flower, which I cut out from another image.

Just for You inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsJust for You sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Our sponsor for this week's challenge is Inspired by Stamping and the winner will receive a $24 gift card.  Don't forget to visit our blog to see more inspirational projects from the rest of the team.


I told you yesterday that we were going to Plymouth to check out the Ice Festival, well, we didn't go. We both slept in and by the time we got up the temperature was already 7C (44F), so we decided to give it a miss.  I think that the sculptures would have been dripping!! The upside is I got to play in my craft room instead!!  Win!

signature

6 comments:

cm said...

Deborah, your basket of doodle flowers is absolutely delightful! What wonderful images to use for the colour inspiration! Mega-watt smiling in seeing this...and at having you join us on the team! Your creativity always dazzles and delights!
hugs~c

laurie said...

I love how you colored this..so soft and pretty! What a great color challenge!

Buffy said...

Love this card Debs. Funky retro flowers are great.

Buffy x

Sandy said...

Great image and you colored it so pretty!!!

Naki said...

This is so lovely, I love this image! You colored it so very well:-D

Justine Hovey said...

Adorable abstract flowers! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...