Sunday 31 January 2016

CIC - Theme ....

.... Morning!  It's time for a new challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#345, this week we have a theme for you.  We want to see BANNERS on your work.  I made a fun birthday card for a little boy:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: My Grafico Digi - Sail Away With Us; Stampin' Up! - Making Spirits Bright
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Rectangle Stax #5, Wonky Stitched Square Stax #3; Fishtail Flags Layers Stax #1
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SUDP - Maritime; Sequins


I had lots of fun with the digital image in this set.  I actually coloured them in on my computer using Paint to fill the section of each image and then saving them. I die cut some design paper for the background and added a panel to represent the sea, along with a white die cut square.  I then adhered the ship, banner and little sailor.  I finished the front with a birthday greeting and some sea-green sequins.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper, and added another ship to the white panel. The layout is based on the sketch at this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Club - MFTWSC#265. It also fits with our theme of babies and little boys over at The Male Room - TMR#27.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration do visit our blog to see what the rest of the team have made.


Our sponsor this week is My Grafico, the winner of this week's challenge will get 1 digi paper and 1 clip art set as a prize.  I've used some of their digi images on my card.

We've had a super day yesterday.  Last year we had a couple of feet of snow with temperatures around -20C, this year it was lovely with sunshine, no snow and a temperature of 9C!!!  I'm really enjoying this winter in Michigan :)))   Today Kat and I are going to the regular monthly meeting of the Kitchen Roll Sprayers Art Journal Club - I'm so pleased that Kat has decided to come along and get inky with me!!!  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

too cute!!!

cm said...

Deborah, your little sailer is one dashing lad; a charming inspiration for this week's banner challenge. I was out of town for longer than I anticipated, to nothing from me...sighhh...Oh well, just means I enjoy your creativity allllll the more!
Hugs~c

Sandy said...

Your card is so adorable! Love the fishy paper background!! Have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...