Saturday 16 January 2016

52CCT - Colours ....

....  Morning!  It's time for our new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT02-16.  This week we have colours for you to play with - I've picked non-traditional colours - SHADES OF ORANGE.  I think they work for a warm and fun Christmas card:  Here's my take:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Papermania - A Christmas Carol; Uniko - Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Calypso Coral; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Ovals #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Paper Source - Orange & Gold Handmade Paper; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear & Gold; Gold Message Label


At the end of last year, I went to a shop in Birmingham, MI called Paper Source - I just love all things stationery!  While there I found this fabulous piece of hand-made wrapping paper - and it was in the sale.  I love the texture, the fun design and it's perfect for this week's challenge.  I got quite a few sheets of other paper too and you'll see them over the coming year.  I cut a piece of the paper to fit the card and attached it with double-sided tape.  I stamped the Christmas ornaments on white card, cut it out with a die and then coloured with Copic markers and Wink of Stella brushes.  I adhered the oval flat to the card and finished the front with a small gold Christmas sentiment.  The layout is from this week's challenge at CAS - Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#156 - such a versatile sketch.  On the inside I cut another piece of the paper and on the white panel I stamped the Christmas ornaments in coral and added a greeting in black.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration cards using SHADEOF ORANGE from the Design Team.  You have until midnight (GMT) Friday 22nd January to link up your cards.  It's never too early to make a start on your Christmas cards, in fact it makes life so much easier come December when you have quite a little stash ready!  Have fun!!!

This winter is really weird.  It got off to a very slow start, but we've had several inches of snow this week.  I was out quite a bit shovelling it off the drive and I managed to break my snow blower, so I've got to do it with actual shovels!!! Such hard work.  I've seen some photos from friends in North Wales and they've got snow too - so pretty.  That's all for now.  Have a great weekend and I'll see you tomorrow.

signature

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Deborah - I'm so glad that you "saved" that wrapping paper from being wasted on a present, so much better on a card. I love all the textures in it. Fun colours for a Christmas card too. I'm so glad that you joined us at CC&S this week. Liz x

Greta said...

Me too--always loved wandering around stationary stores, but now they're almost all gone. I have wrapping paper saved to use on cards, but never think to use it--thanks for the inspiration!

karen h said...

Cool card! The handmade paper has great texture and interest in it.

Jan Clothier said...

Such a clever way to use the wrapping paper and such a different colourway for Christmas. It looks really good!

Kajcyika said...

Really lovely card Deborah! You used a great stamp and you made a great card :)

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Gorgeous! Such a lovely card and a really inspirational choice of colours! Xx

Fabiola said...

Elle est superbe et très élégante Déborah, biz

Julie said...

Oh wow. Such a pretty card.
Julie T

Patricia Hays said...

The background paper is definitely perfect for the 52CCT challenge! You did a nice job coloring the ornaments to coordinate with it. You've done a super job with the CC&S sketch, too! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

I like the oranges for a Christmas card, very different. I too love stationery shops, like a child in a sweet shop I always think! Thanks for joining us at CC&S
Louise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...