Wednesday 6 January 2016

TMR - Theme ....

.... Hello!  I'm running late with my DT card for the new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#26.  I don't quite now how, but I lost track of the day and thought that today was Tuesday!!!!  Heyho, better late than never.  For the next couple of weeks our challenge at The Male Room is ANYTHING GOES, but it must have a masculine style.  Here's my card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waffle Flower - Calendar; Happy Little Stampers - Fun Birthday Sentiments; Clearly Besotted - A Little Sentimental
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake, Soft Suede; Tip Top Taupe
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake; Kaisercraft DP - Attitude!; Snap Stickers - Carpe Diem; Project Life - Corner Punch; Copic Markers


I used a couple of challenges to make this card:

I made the base from kraft card and cut a panel of white card slightly smaller to go on the front.  I used papers from Attitude! - a very masculine pack of papers - cutting stripes to go at the top of the card.  I rounded the corners with my Project Life corner punch.  I stamped the calendar frame on the lighter design paper and realised that I needed to make the smaller stripe darker, so I added some colour with a neutral Copic marker.  I stamped the month of January on white card and used the little circle stamp go highlight the important date.  I stamped a birthday greeting above the horizontal stripes and finished with some transparent stickers that emphasis the day.  On the inside I cut a panel of white card, added stripes of the design paper at top and bottom, and finished with a birthday greeting.  


This card is already in the post to the UK - I do hope that Ben likes it.  He'll be 20 on 13th January - but it only seems like yesterday that he was my sweet little blond haired boy!  Do drop by The Male Room to see more inspiration for the team.  Bye for now.

signature

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Great combo of both challenges! Perfect card to start the New Year!

Louise van Vuren said...

I really like your papers here, very masculine, perfect for The a Male Room. Super sentiment for a guy too.
Louise xx

Jane said...

WOW! Love this very modern and trendy card. Brilliant!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great masculine birthday card and a fun way to highlight the date too. Thanks for joining in with my number challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Buffy said...

Great card Debs

Buffy x

Nance Leedy said...

Great use of the sketch--love the way the sentiment spans the two panels--and a perfect match to our number challenge too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

sue t. said...

Deborah- what a great card. I love that it seems like a CAS collage- however did you manage that? Love working with you at TMR!! Happy 2016!!

Hannelie said...

Fab take on the number challenge Deborah!
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow, what an awesome man-card. I love those papers and your cool design. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rocky said...

Love the circled date idea, perfect for a man, he'll love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...