Saturday 30 January 2016

52CCT - Stash ....

.... Hi!  Well, we've reached the last Saturday in the month - I can't quite believe how fast January has gone by!!  But it means that it's time for our Stash/Technique challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT04-16.  I've called this a Stash Challenge, but it could equally well be called a Technique Challenge.  I want to see you use FOILING/GILDING on your Christmas/Winter cards.  Here's my card:

Season's Greetings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Simply Said Christmas; Stampin' Up! - Embellished Ornaments
Inks: Versmark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Brilliance - Galaxy Gold
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Delicate Ornaments Thinlets
Accessories: SU Card - Basic Black; White Lustre Card; I Craft - DecoFoil Foam Adhesive; Gilding Flakes - Frost Leaves; Silver Embossing Powder


My card is really clean and simple.  There's a video at the bottom showing one gilding technique and there are a couple more on the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown blog.  I used an ornament die to cut the foam adhesive into shape.  I peeled off one of the protective sheets and placed on some gilding flakes.  I like this colour - it's mostly silver, but has shades of gold, copper and green contained in it. I then used the scrubby piece to burnish the flakes into the sticky foam.  To create the frame on the card I used double sided adhesive tape.  I removed the protecting film and adhered the flakes - simple!  It can be a bit messy and you don't want a fan near you otherwise you'll be covered in flakes. I finished the front with a simple silver embossed greeting.  On the inside I cut a panel of white card, stamped some decoration in gold and finished with a Christmas greeting.

Season's Greetings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here's a close up of the actual Christmas ornament - showing all the variation in colour and the shimmer too!

Season's Greetings detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration cards from the rest of the team.  See below for the video:



signature

3 comments:

Julie said...

Simply Stunning!I like the black background.
Julie t

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fantastic card. Love the drama of the black against the guilding flakes.
Sharon xx

Fabiola said...

C'est magnifique Déborah, quel joli scintillement, biz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...