Wednesday 3 February 2016

TMR - Theme ....

.... Good evening!  I'm very, very late with my post for the new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#28 and I must apologise to my team mates!  For the next couple of weeks we want to see your masculine styled projects with an ORIENTAL theme.  I've made a very simple birthday card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Happy Little Stampers - Bold Birthday Sentiments, Fun Birthday Sentiments; Kanban - Oriental (I think)
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Real Red
Dies: Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Rectangle Stax #4
Accessories: SU Card - Real Red; White Lustre Card; SU/Sizzix - Double Sided Adhesive; Black Peeloffs; Gilding Flakes - Gold/Silver


I made the base from red card, as red is considered a lucky colour in China.  The cue word over at Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#80  is RED, so I'm submitting this card to the challenge.  I stamped the oriental character image in bold black - I've no clue what the characters mean.  I die cut a panel of double sided adhesive attaching one side to to white card and on the other I place a black oriental peeloff.  I added gilding flakes in gold (with a touch of silver) to the adhesive panel.  I love the effect that this gives.  I finished the front with a simple birthday sentiment.  I attached the gilded panel to the card with dimensional tape.  On the inside I cut a panel of white card and on it I stamped the same oriental characters in red and added a fun greeting.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I really like the cards that the rest of the team have made - from cute and fun to elegant - all with the oriental theme!  I've not been on my blog much lately - details will follow soon!  That's all for now, see you soon.

signature

8 comments:

Jane said...

Very regal and sumptuous card. Love the traditional almost Willow pattern of your peel off - which looks just like it's been stamped by the way.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! That's one striking and dramatic image Debs and thrilled to see you've played along at ATCAS RED challenge with it. Thank so much. Sarah

Buffy said...

A simply stunning card Debs.

Buffy x

Rocky said...

Your flake background goes perfectly with the black peel off, gorgeous. Inside looks pretty good too!

Unknown said...

Wow, the oriental images you have used are just awesome! And I love the gilded panel, a gorgeous contrast to the black and red.

Susanne Vargas said...

What a stunning card! Love the gilded panel!

Louise van Vuren said...

Worth waiting for, I would say. Love all the script stamping. Did someone say peel off? I thought it was a stamp! Great job, as always Deborah
Louise xx

sue t. said...

The image was a peel off!!??!! I was trying to figure that out until I read your post. Great card! Another awesome use of using what you have!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...