Monday 29 February 2016

Crafting Weekend ....

.... Hello!  I've been meaning to write this review of my weekend in Florida since I got back last Monday, but it's been crazy busy in our house.  However, I've got an hour before the next guy comes to give me a quote for house removals, so I thought do it now!!! These are a couple of photos of my Dyan style folio and Dina style art book:


This photo shows the front and back covers of the book we made in Dina's class.  First time I've attended a class with Dina and had the chance to use her wonderful paints.  It was fantastic!  I still have work to do as I have some blank pages to fill!


This is the outside cover of my folio.  I had such fun using Dyan's paints - they dry so quickly. Usually I end up making things in shades of green, so it was such fun playing with blues and the wonderful new Cherry Pie paint!  Still lots of work to do on this folio - more late.

I was fortunate to be part of the group who attended the Back to Back No Rules Retreat from 19th - 21st February in Florida.  The retreat was organised by the amazing Michelle McCosh, owner of Everything Scrapbook & Stamps, a wonderful store located in Lake Worth, Florida.  Michelle's shop is a treasure trove of goodies and well worth a visit if you're in the area.

The No Rules Back to Back Retreat featured the brilliantly talented Dina Wakley and Dyan Reaveley.  Many of the people attending the retreat were here for the second year, with just a few of us being newbies!  Howver, I have had several classes with Dyan, so was able to keep up.  All the sessions were fast, furious fun - I had a blast!  Here are a few photos from the weekend - if you want to see all my photo, you'll find them on Facebook here.











The retreat take place at the Duncan Conference Centre in Delray Beach, Florida.  It's a lovely place with super staff.  It's calm, quiet (when we're not there) and we were all made to feel so welcome. The food was fantastic.

After class on Friday 19th, some of us headed to Michelle's shop, Everything Scrapbook & Stamps, in Lake Worth. Thanks to Shari for driving us over.  The shop is full of wonderful goodies as well as the most gorgeous displays, here are just a few photos of the displays:




Thanks to Dyan, Dina and Michelle, to all the staff at the Duncan Centre and also to all the wonderful ladies I met - it was a fantastic weekend.  Can't wait to do it again next year!

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...